Mey Hem RPG: Sword & Sorcery After the End of the World!

Patch

Citizen
Noting for the other players that Patch will be comatose for a short while. I have plans to do something with her, but I will be using the Micropiece thread for that. In the meantime, you can play with the assumption that she won't be conscious for the rest of the in-game day. A long rest is probably in order, since Beathra and EB have a fair amount of fatal damage to heal off.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Regular D&D Dice roller has expired. So CoffeeHorse found a new one.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Well, play by post makes things murky but it is nighttime IC. It was night during the Math Off. So everyone being tired, especially after a big fight and succeeding at one of the group's goals (finding Patch), makes sense. Pulling back the curtain OOC, there is exactly one thing that Kage splitting off makes easier--Cher talking to Night Cap. Cher can only talk to him during dreams. And technically this it just something that can be done at the same time as opposed to being easier. Everything else gets harder on my end and Kage going solo greatly increases the likelihood of Kage dying without backup. Speaking of backup, if Kage goes alone, Friday will not rest. And she'll comment on that IC.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think Doc had Beathra sum it up best back at the mansion, when he said Kage is too honest and will walk into a trap. Its dead right here. My thinking is that deep down even Kages kniws he should stop and heal, but his instinct is to push on and walk into hell because… well. Despite have inadvertantly made friends and companions and even found a sense if being Kage rather than just the Knight.

He’s still an obsessive loner with an overactive sense of chivalry. :) So yeah, even if he knew he could die, he’d go unless somebody stops him.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
It makes a lot of sense for Kage go at least try to go on his own. From what I've seen, there's a clear through line on his character where he feels very responsible for other people's lives and wellbeing and readily blames himself when people get hurt under his watch. With several party members injured, I could see him having a 'can't risk anyone else's life' moment. I feel like that's probably the most distinctly Batman thing about Kage. Batman stays a hero by genuinely caring about the lives of the people around him, even to the point of self-destruction. Bad guys included.

Likewise, Kage has demonstrated time and again that he doesn't really want to kill or hurt anyone if he doesn't have to. Very Batman. Like, good Batman. Not Snyderverse Batman XD

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Simply laying out the current known situation. In the end, after things advance, the decision is up to GSO. A few things may shift it in either direction but it requires getting there. Though he's used a few abilities so he isn't running at 100%.

And on the note of not Snyderverse Batman, Reeves Batman has a quite overt no killing rule even when he almost gets carried away. Movie was good.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
Seriously. Fiancé and I went to see it and both loved every second. I was especially happy with how much they followed Hitchcock's rules for suspense, giving Batman some of the most genuinely imposing screen time I think he's ever had. Hell, even the Batmobile was imposing and that's a hard line to walk XD

Top Bottom