Metroid

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I'm worried that Amazon has yet to ship my copy, but then again I still have until Saturday for me to really get into it. Debating whether I should bother trying to wake early and hunt for the Amiibos.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I imagine most places will either only have enough for the preorders or else be sold out two minutes after the store opens.

As much as I want one, I'm thinking most people are going to have to wait at least until the first restock.

Thefakelink

Citizen
Looking forward to playing on the weekend. Reviews are pretty positive. Of course, spoilers are showing up in YouTube thumbnails so heads up for that.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Hoping to grab the amiibos myself tomorrow (Probably not gonna find any) or a Special Edition of the game, but probably gonna have to settle for a regular copy.

Bonebot

Citizen
I thought I'd managed to snag an Amiibo set through Target, but they sent an out of stock notice 10 minutes later. I expected it, but it's still disappointing.

Caldwin

Citizen
I can't wait till after work so I can go straight to Game Stop, get it home.... and wait the rest of the night while it does updates.

Thefakelink

Citizen
I can't wait till after work so I can go straight to Game Stop, get it home.... and wait the rest of the night while it does updates.
That’s my plan too. Shockingly, my GameStop allowed me to preorder a SE yesterday for pickup today. Seems too good to be true….

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I thought I'd managed to snag an Amiibo set through Target, but they sent an out of stock notice 10 minutes later. I expected it, but it's still disappointing.
I got an order in with Target last night, a little bit after Best Buy apparently put the set up and ran out between refreshes. Hoping the order stays valid, but I have no faith with Target.

As for the game, I'm hoping to get to play it some this weekend. Waiting for my kids to be home so they can watch too. We're supposed to be working on cleaning the garage this weekend though, so not sure how much time I'll actually get in with it.

Caldwin

Citizen
I was pleasently surprised, no day-1 updates. You can get right into it. I'm enjoying it so far. The controls are kinda throwing me, but I can't really say why. But I'm getting it. I hate the hugging EMMI's, but I think that's the point. I get an adrenaline rush every time I enter one of their areas. Just one thing

This is the first Metroid ever where the Morph Ball, if not already equipped for the start, isn't the first upgrade you get. What the heck???

I am enjoying it so far. I hope it does well. I'm going to want more Metroid from Nintendo and I don't want to have to wait more than a decade for it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I gave up on the Special Edition, so I got the standard edition from Walmart. I'm just going to wait and play it Monday, got a full work weekend and not enough time tonight to really get into it.

Reminder that Walmart underprices its Switch games by about 20-odd percent at the store. So new first party titles are $50. Lower tier titles are running around $33 (like Cruisn Blast)

Thefakelink

Citizen
Two hours in and I’m pleasantly surprised. Most of what we’ve seen in trailers seems to be from the early game so I’m not worried about Nintendo spoiling too much (outside of a few boss battles). I’m in pretty much complete agreement to with the DF review. There’s plenty of detail and Samus’ controls are silky smooth.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Well I "Might" have The Special Edition and the amiibos. Frankly I'm skeptical I'll actually get them, but well as risky as this might be, it's 'suppose' to be sound. Basically let me explain:

My attempts to find any in the wild failed as I pretty much figured. Best Buy, Walmart, and my work (Target) had no amiibo's and no special edition.

While on my lunch break, I looked them up on Amazon, and holy hell no. 147.99 for the Special Edition, and 98.00 for the Amiibo 2 pack. Not happening.

I googled Metroid Dread Special Edition to see what the price was suppose to be, and ended up on Gamestop's website.

Said website let me put both the Special Edition and the Amiibo 2-pack in my cart and purchase them. So... theoretically I have them. It's just... Gamestop so. I might get screwed here, but I'm hoping not.

Last edited:

Thefakelink

Citizen
Well I "Might" have The Special Edition and the amiibos. Frankly I'm skeptical I'll actually get them, but well as risky as this might be, it's 'suppose' to be sound. Basically let me explain:

My attempts to find any in the wild failed as I pretty much figured. Best Buy, Walmart, and my work (Target) had no amiibo's and no special edition.

While on my lunch break, I looked them up on Amazon, and holy hell no. 147.99 for the Special Edition, and 98.00 for the Amiibo 2 pack. Not happening.

I googled Metroid Dread Special Edition to see what the price was suppose to be, and ended up on Gamestop's website.

Said website let me put both the Special Edition and the Amiibo 2-pack in my cart and purchase them. So... theoretically I have them. It's just... Gamestop so. I might get screwed here, but I'm hoping not.
You may just luck out. My GS said they were alotted 3 SEs and they were all spoken for, but the shipment came with 6.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
I really hope so. It sucks I likely won't get the game regardless till probably the end of the week (If the 2-4 day 'promise' they gave me for shipping actually happens) but I'll deal with it if I get them.

Caldwin

Citizen
kF5Fnit.jpg

My small collection of what I could manage to get of the Metroid series. It's not much. I wish I could some day get somewhere even close to owning all the games. But for now this is what I could scrounge together. Left to right, top to bottom

Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid II Return of Samus, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, Metroid Prime Corruption, Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Other M, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Samus Returns, Soundtrack that came with Samus Returns, Metroid Dread, Samus Aran toy
Super Metroid Players Guide, Metroid Prime Players Guide, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Players Guide, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Players Guide.
Metroid Prime Hunters Players Guide, Metroid Other M Players Guide, Metroid Samus Returns Players Guide.

Caldwin

Citizen
I just got the Morph Ball. For something you always get at the very beginning of every other game, they really make you work for it here. But boy oh boy was it a hell of a feeling of accomplishment to finally get it. Also got the Varia Suit.

I've also said many times that I wish they'd bring Kraid back. Be careful what you ask for.

This game keeps getting better the more I play. It doesn't let up. It's very challenging but it's fair. You have to really learn enemy patterns and keep at it.

Top Bottom