Metroid

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Metroid Prime Remastered has been bought and is downloading now. It's been a while. The Direct said there are control options. I can't wait to see what they are.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Nintendo and their surprise releases.... This one has been wanted for so long that I wonder HOW they were able to keep the release so quiet.

Caldwin

Citizen
Probably because it was rumored so long, whoever would have leaked it didn't think we'd believe them. I'm just guessing. But however they did it, I'm glad. The absolute giddiness of "available later today" was just crazy!

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm quite pleased about Gameboy and GBA games. Give me all the Zeldas, Tactics Advance and Advance DS and I will be so happy.

Caldwin

Citizen
Darnit, Nintendo! How could you be so cruel to stealth drop a Metroid Prime Remaster on me on a weeknight? I got work in the morning, 😭

Thefakelink

Citizen
Im waiting for the physical release. It’s going to be a tough two weeks. From what I’ve seen on YouTube, it looks gorgeous. Not just upscaling but new textures and details. Side by side comparison here:

Caldwin

Citizen
I saw that. I subscribe to them. I was shocked at how much they did. And that's not even mentioning the control options of and new unlockables.

Thefakelink

Citizen
I wonder if they snuck in a Prime 4 Easter egg in the unlockables. Like they did with Return of Samus having artwork that led into Dread.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
So I'm curious, does it have the Wii controls as an option? Because if not, I feel it's better to just play the Wii Trilogy version.

Caldwin

Citizen
It does. You have the choice between: Gamecube controlls, Wii Controls, Switch controls (uses the second analog stick for looking around and aiming), and some sort of mix between Gamecube and Switch controls.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Ooof. the lack of an auto save funtcion after so long hurts a bit. Got to the Phazon Mines after going back to Magmoor to grab the Plasma Beam but all the Beam Pirates and the ambush of an Elite in a hallway dropped me. Found out I hadn't saved since my first run in the Mines.

Caldwin

Citizen
Oof. Even with an auto save function, manual save every chance you get. If you think you've saved enough, save it again.

I called it a night after getting the space jump boots. It's been so long since I've played this, I'm not sure where to go next. Good thing I still have my strategy guide from back in the day.

Thefakelink

Citizen
Physical copy is preordered. Now the waiting game begins.

I remember playing the original and having the players guide , which was the only way I got 100%. Maybe this time I’ll challenge myself to get 100% without it.

Caldwin

Citizen
I have the original GC game and Wii Trilogy physically, so I'm okay just having this version digitally.

Top Bottom