Metroid

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
So I beat the giant X, which took some doing, beat the two robo chozos and now am stuck at the Experiment fight. I know there's a sparkshine way to cheese the fight, I've seen the video, but it's made to look a hell of a lot easier than it actually is to pull it off.

I'll probably be here for a while.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
There's a point where it'll grab onto the wall with all of its arms. Shoot the arms or it'll never end. Had to watch a YouTube video to find that one out.

also, in the Flappy Bird sequence, the projectiles will always have the same pattern, so memorize it... and you will memorize it.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
There's a point where it'll grab onto the wall with all of its arms. Shoot the arms or it'll never end. Had to watch a YouTube video to find that one out.

Storm Missiles are your friend in getting that done in one clean swoop!

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
You and I seem to have had very different experiences with this game.
That's the cool thing isn't it? We all played the same thing, but it's not the same for any of us.

I've heard a lot about people having trouble with bosses, but for me it's all pattern based. You just learn it and get a feel for what it'll do and when and it becomes manageable. Not easy mind you, but for all bosses in the game, the most any took me was maybe 11 or 12 tries. For that one, many of the earlier tries were just getting to that part. I think I only had to endure that wave attack 4 or 5 times before I defeated him.

Caldwin

Citizen
I never really counted how many tries it took me to defeat bosses, but looking back at the thread, it doesn't look uncommon that it took me at least a day for some bosses.

Great game, definitely up there with Super...but dang was I exhausted by the end of it!

Caldwin

Citizen
Funny thing is though, except for the fight with Ridley, I never really found Super Metroid too terribly difficult.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I mean, I have been playing it since I was an elementary school child back in the days when the first 8-bit game was new...sooooooooo...

Caldwin

Citizen
0C03BFBF-FAE7-449E-BD9D-7DCBD6D86E7A.jpeg

I'm getting a Metroid (as in the creature not just the game) toy coming from Ebay sometime this week.

It's not as big as I thought, but it's still a stupid jellyfish, so I'm happy.

Caldwin

Citizen
I never was good at Shinesparking. I didn't even try to get some of those.

Though to be fair, as bad as I usually am at shinesparking, they did refine it enough that even I was able to get a few of them.

Caldwin

Citizen
Dread didn't win Game of the Year, but it did win Best Action Adventure Game. Normally I couldn't care less about game awards, but for a franchise that typically doesn't get as much attention, I'm glag Metroid got some recognition. Maybe it's the shot in the arm the franchise needed to get Nintendo to put more out for it.

Top Bottom