Mental Health and Suicide

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Stay off opioids. They work but they're not worth it. I'm convinced that's what actually set off my dad's final downward spiral.

Nevermore

Citizen
The only painkillers I'm using at this point are Aspirin and Ibuprofen, both of which I'm sure aren't addictive.

Nevermore

Citizen
The weird thing is, I'm often not really feeling pain.

It's more like I'm not feeling things I should feel. Such as a full bladder. The sensation isn't properly registered in my brain.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Grrr. I've been trying to find my dad's storage unit, but all he left me is the unit number. Not the address. Not the name of the company. Just a 3 digit unit number. I thought I managed to track the place down, but I checked it out today and the number doesn't match anything written anywhere. Which isn't saying much. A lot of the units don't have a number on display anywhere...

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
If you have access to his credit card bills, you can probably find the name in the statement.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think I did find the place though. It's just not well marked. It's not just that none of the numbers matched the one I have, but that so many units had no visible number whatsoever. I might have stood right in front of the one I'm looking for and had no way to know.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wasn't there someone at the desk to ask?

The office isn't on the premises. So I had to find their phone number. I don't remember how we handled this sort of situation before smartphones. So I found the number.

Their number goes straight to voicemail.

And their voicemail inbox is full.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Dude, they didn't even have enough numbers for the doors.
Someone *should* have a map...

The office isn't on the premises. So I had to find their phone number. I don't remember how we handled this sort of situation before smartphones. So I found the number.

Their number goes straight to voicemail.

And their voicemail inbox is full.
Sounds pretty sketchy if they don't even have a small office at each storage location. Any email on their website? Or, hunt down the main office and yell at them in person.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not having a very good time. Every day the list of "things that I wish I could talk about it but I can't" grows and the weight becomes unbearable.

It is affecting my physically and emotionally. I am in constant pain and while it comes and goes, it doesn't take much to bring me back to that state of despair.

The pain in my chest hurts so much I can feel it radiating up into my neck and my arms. My energy is gone and I don't even want to get out of bed.

I don't want to die but I feel like I have nothing to live for and I don't know how much longer I can.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So I see someone post and I want to say something comforting but everything in my head is trite.

I will say that you've given all of us here something really great. I don't know what kind of life I'd have without this community. And I'm sure a lot here could say the same. Hell! I truly wonder how many people here wouldn't be here if not for this community you've given us.

So I guess if I have anything to say, it would be...things may be difficult. It may be hard to see where the end of it is. But don't let the demons in your life let you ever doubt your worth.

Nevermore

Citizen
Just leaving this here.

It's a song which a lot of people get wrong.

It's not a depressive song.

It's a song for depressive people. It tells you that you are not alone. Yeah, things suck. You're not the only one.

Hold on.

Top Bottom