Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I saw three, THREE, Playstation 5 Horizon bundles at a Walmart today. Like in the store.

And I'm broke as fudge!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'd honestly rather get an Xbox Series S for GamePass and emulation.

Too bad I hate the Xbox layout for controllers.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I mean, the big reason for a PS5 is for Ratchet and Clank, Astro’s Playroom, and the stack of PS4 games I still have. And I’m impatient in waiting for many of the exclusives to EVENTUALLY migrate to PC (and some, like Ratchet and Clank, probably never will).

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Sounds like a Sony/Microsoft problem, not a me problem. I’ll wait.
FD7C50D0-00F2-4458-B50C-24B74DF6A2D8.gif

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
More like just a Sony problem tbh.

Xbox Series X's are hard to find IIRC but you can basically go to any Walmart or Target (or whatever the hell the devious foreigners have) and get a Series S these days.

The Microsoft naming is still goddamn stupid.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I've said it before, but I'm really split on this.

On the one hand, I have a PS5 myself and would like to have more games take full advantage of its capabilities. It's pretty crappy to have shelled out hundreds of dollars for a system they still aren't using to its full potential in order to cater to the old generation.

On the other hand, I know I got supremely lucky finding mine and that for most people, they're still hard if not impossible to find. It would be pretty crappy to end all support for last gen when present gen supplies are still so scarce.

Still not sure what side of the fence I'm leaning toward.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen

Xbox Series X's are hard to find IIRC but you can basically go to any Walmart or Target (or whatever the hell the devious foreigners have) and get a Series S these days.

Both of them still don’t have many games that aren’t just last gen with better load times though.

Yeah, the naming is almost as bad as the Wii U.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
After seeing it on the Nintendo eShop and checking reviews, got myself the digital version of Potion Permit (physical version was $20 more, didn't include any extras, and couldn't find a copy locally). After playing Harvestella, I realized I've been craving a low key farming sim. Pretty much done with ACNH, can't be bothered to 100% the museum and such. I was also considering Cult of the Lamb, but apparently the Switch port is glitchy.

Anyway, I'm enjoying PP so far, just a few days in. Human sprite graphics, light fighting for mats. Story's interesting, I'm a city alchemist looking to help/heal folks in a backwaters town, and pretty much everyone hates me. Diagnosing patients and crafting potions also have minigames. I wish there were more than 6 romanceable characters, though.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen

Actually, I’ve been coming across Series X units fairly commonly. Not as much as a Series S (which, yeah, you can just walk into any store at this point with a decent chance of getting one), but FAR more so than PS5.

Also, kind of tangential, but….
I’m looking at getting a new monitor, but most affordable monitors only give, like, a COUPLE of ports. One I’m looking at has a USB 3.1 port (the blue lined one). Would it be possible to connect my MacBook to that monitor via USB-C to USB A 3.1 for video? No monitor is going to do better than my MacBook’s screen, but I could use the extra space for “real work” that doesn’t require fast response times or anything.
I just can’t seem to get a real answer and everyone just talks about using USB-C to an existing video input like HDMI or DVI. I got plans for those ports!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Tbf my comment was based on my personal experiences in-stores and I haven't actually gone to a store (or at least a store that sells consoles, not exactly finding that shit at the supermarket) since like July lol.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Welp I have given it some thought and the end of an era is here unless it makes some MASSIVE game drops soon the PS4 is my last Sony system
The PS5 is the first Sony console I didnt immediately go buy and I have no regrets about that

Top Bottom