Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Yeah. So many reasons I have no interest in that. I hope it flops, honestly. I just don't have the time for Dreckman after what he did with TLoU 2

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
TLOU was always overrated TBH. It's a great story but a slog of a game. No idea why i'd buy it when I could just watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

2 was hilariously off the rails. A buddy of mine played it and they had a heavily pregnant lady jumping around and doing rolls. The story was also really bland

Caldwin

Citizen
I absolutely loved the story of the first one. Though, yeah, once you beat it and can watch the cutscenes in the extras menu, there's really no reason to play it again.

The second one...just...**** the second one. I had such high hopes before the actual release. I bought the edition with the art book, huge Ellie statue and all the neat stuff. After playing it, I never wanted to even hear the words "Last of Us" again.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Holy crap, Netflix saw the shitty RE movie last year and we t hold my beer.

Hugging hell, the evil resident line. Jesus Christ.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Random thought just occured to me. When the 3DS online shop closes down next year, the Revelation route in Fire Emblem Fates will be lost for anyone who didn't either already download it or get the Special Edition with all three routes on one card. I mean, yeah, all the other DLC too, but the entire third story of the game, where you actually find out the whole story, is just gonna be gone.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Random thought just occured to me. When the 3DS online shop closes down next year, the Revelation route in Fire Emblem Fates will be lost for anyone who didn't either already download it or get the Special Edition with all three routes on one card. I mean, yeah, all the other DLC too, but the entire third story of the game, where you actually find out the whole story, is just gonna be gone.
And nothing of value was lost

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Live A Live: Liked the demo enough to get the full game. The shorter stories with different elements/gameplay are fun. I think my first two stories had the largest mood whiplash. Went from a tragic and tense sci fi story to a wordless prehistoric comedy with fart/poop attacks. XD

The Western and Fighting Tournament were pretty easy, currently on the Chinese Martial Arts movie.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Rodimus Prime is in the new Pokiemanz.
p20_02-2x.jpg

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
wow cool popped in MGSV after not playing in a long time and I get treated to the no nukes cutscene

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
OMG someone just walked into my store with 10k or more worth of BOXED NES games and had no idea of there worth
All the Ninja Gidans
All the Mega Mans
Both Zeldas
FF
Metal Storm!!!
it was unbelievable!!!

I had to show them how much money they was sitting on

Caldwin

Citizen
What? These games? I'm afraid I can't give you much. I mean, the Mini-consoles and the Nintendo Online services are killing the retro-game market. I can maybe give you...$40 for the whole lot?

*customer leaves somewhat dejected but not expecting much more than that*

Hehehehehe!!!!

Sharkshadow

Citizen
he should. when i cashed out my SNES collection, the guy was honest with me about what i had. most money id seen in my life at that point.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
That's because most of this is market manipulation through Wata Games and Heritage Auctions.

Long ass video but like it's bad (what Wata and Heritage Auctions are doing, not this video)

And Wata and Heritage Auctions are also currently outright being sued for market manipulation too btw:

I'm not saying 'every video game ever made is actually worthless' (because that's certainly not true) but I am saying that this fairly recent rise in prices in the retrogaming market, especially for loose copies of games that literally sold millions and millions of copies, is blatantly bullshit and a bubble that hopefully will burst soon. (IIRC apparently Heritage Auctions did the same shit with coin collecting back in the 1980s too?)

I mean if you have idiots trying to sell games at this price:
chrome_APeamWTe1L.png

Yeah something is really fucked up. (Of course I know there would still be idiots who think 'this game is "old", therefore it must be worth a lot of money', but I feel a lot of it is people thinking 'That copie of Super Mario sold for like $2 million! My old games I got lying around must be worth a pretty penny too!')

You can literally buy Turok loose for like $20 btw

Top Bottom