Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I always liked the Genesis controller. I get why Sega stuck with it for so long.

Is there a good USB Gamecube controller? My Gamecube doesn't read discs anymore and me trying to fix hardware is probably a bad idea, so emulation is my best option here.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I don't like the GameCube controller but I think the most commonly recommended option if you want to use a GCN controller on PC is just use the actual OEM controller with an adapter.

There is an official USB adapter from Nintendo (meant for use on the Switch and Wii U), but most people recommend the Mayflash adapter because it literally has a switch on it for it to be in PC mode. (Obviously Nintendo's adapter doesn't natively support PCs)

(But if you do go for Nintendo's official adapter, this guide straight from the Dolphin Emulator website will help: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/how-use-official-gc-controller-adapter-wii-u/, apparently it supports it natively out of the box now?)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I see they recommend ripping games using a Wii. So I guess I need to find a cheap Wii, though at that point I won't really need an emulator anymore.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I mean they only say that because they don't wanna get in legal trouble by promoting piracy, all of the games I play on Dolphin are just RVZ files I downloaded - even for the games I do actually own physically lol.

Top Bottom