Marvel Cinematic Universe - General Thread

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
If anything, going into Shang-Chi with lower expectations might be all the better. I had no idea what to expect really and I feel that probably helped me enjoy the movie all the more.
Same. I knew nothing of the character and the only impression I had of the Mandarin (now Wenwu) was of the old Iron Man cartoon.

A lot better than I expected.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Banner post-Endgame thing might be a soft retcon of how ill recieved the whole idea of Smart Hulk was. Probably one of the biggest missteps of Endgame was just kind of...jettisoning Hulk's whole plot.

As for the involvement of the Ten Rings going forward, the Rings are acting as a beacon. Assuming they want to keep at least SOMETHING from the OG Mandarin's story, they could serve to be what lures Fing Fang Foom to the world.

As for Shang Chi itself...I enjoyed the film for what it was but I'm stepping off the MCU train for legit realsies this time. I'll look at No Way Home from afar through spoilers, but while the movie was a fine title in and of itself, I just wasn't really invested in the set up material. And being completely honest, I'm really disappointed that the movie that had the chance to do the Mandarin right made it a major point that moniker was officially rejected and relegated to the "Jester". I don't disagree with the move, but I'd be more than human if I didn't admit it bothered me, since I've been a fan of that villain since I was a kid.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Thoughts on the zombie episode? It's the best What If so far or at least the most hilarious, despite being the most brutal.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I thought it was pretty good. A bit predictable in places for anyone who's seen zombie outbreak fiction, but still very entertaining.

It was nice to see a bunch of people who we haven't seen interact with each other that much in the movies get to do so in this episode.

And a certain someone showing up with dialogue in this one was a nice surprise since I didn't expect him to get another appearance after his previous one.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
yeah that was a nice touch, and if I'm not mistaken -a direct lift from the actual marvel zombies storyline - what with the leg getting eaten part. Different eater and cook, lol but even then it makes sense to give it to those two... also Hank and Janet have other roles since they're aged up in the mcu

haven't seen shang-chi yet

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Jc4GeCy.jpeg
what a great shirt, haha

I wonder the why of Polka Dot Man actor? Was he just available instead of Michael Pena?

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Finished Loki Saturday night - I wanted to completely geek out about it, but while my wife had fun with it, she's never been one to really dig into the mythology on any of these. So we settled for talking about how some of the music would sound amazing in a marching band show.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Finished Loki Saturday night - I wanted to completely geek out about it, but while my wife had fun with it, she's never been one to really dig into the mythology on any of these. So we settled for talking about how some of the music would sound amazing in a marching band show.
You can geek out over the notion that, apparently, the events of each What If...? episode happen as a result of the Loki finale.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Not looking at that trailer, hehe

Saw What If ep6. Loved the start but would have liked it better if it played out that way from the get go. I wanted a feel good, alternate take like how Star Lord T'Challa was in ep2. This could have been amazingly hopeful and uplifting but, oh well.

4ko9vkf.jpeg

I think I read that Chadwick only had four eps so... just one left?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We have watched the Starlord what if episode, and we loved it!

I love that Chadwick got to record this before he passed, and the entire voice cast was amazing with some great writing.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Great ep. Glad Shuri was a child, since she is supposed to be a teenager I believe in Black Panther (which is like 5 to 10 years fictionally after Iron Man).

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I am caught up now on What If.

The zombie episode was great, but I didn't like the predictable ending.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
My top eps so far are
- zombies
- murder mystery
- star panther tied with...

... the newest one. Holy cow, that was just fluff. But silly fluff. And it was really Chris Hemsworth!

ygdtDGY.jpeg

Shadewing

Citizen
Okay on one hand, this was a wonderfully fun episode and yeah, one of my favorites... but at the same time that ending... I wanna know how THAT happened, I kinda waana see that episode more.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yeah, some of these "end of episode stingers" are tantalizing. In truth, I really think "What If" should be closer to 45 minutes. Too many of these episodes feel...rushed, and it shows especially hard in the voice acting. And doubly so when they recreate classic MCU film scenes.

I can't help to shake the feeling they're building to....something. I've noticed as the series has progressed, The Watcher is being drawn more and more "solid". The first couple episodes had him as barely noticeable in the background, but then in Ep 4, he directly confronts Dr. Strange as his reality collapsed, and since, he's had a more defined look.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, some of these "end of episode stingers" are tantalizing. In truth, I really think "What If" should be closer to 45 minutes. Too many of these episodes feel...rushed, and it shows especially hard in the voice acting. And doubly so when they recreate classic MCU film scenes.

I can't help to shake the feeling they're building to....something. I've noticed as the series has progressed, The Watcher is being drawn more and more "solid". The first couple episodes had him as barely noticeable in the background, but then in Ep 4, he directly confronts Dr. Strange as his reality collapsed, and since, he's had a more defined look.
Well the second-half trailer seems to show Party Thor here and Evil Dr Strange teamed up, so there is gonna be something.

Top Bottom