Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Even if it wasn't, an accidental resemblance does make its look easier to accept.

It looks like a mashup of the Mamba and Destro's Dominator

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Which seems a lot less coincidental considering Don drew up this Dominator Megatron several years ago

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Now I want to see this Megatron in Dominator colors. We have enough grey Megatrons.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It's pretty much the Dominator but with symmetric cockpits because shoulders and an additional one in the middle. Dunno why they do this but it's consistent with their rolling Thunder Optimus who also got an additional one. Think it matches up with the Mamba as a happy coincidence more than anything
xxLyhiq.jpg

Here's a fan-made recolor. Personally, I'd tone down the gold on the main body and swap the silver bits to black

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Decided to back Haslab Star Saber. At the very least, the limited nature of the set means I should be able to flip it if I decide it's not for me.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
XrUNJqY.jpg

YYjNdHj.jpg

Needs a tad more color but damn I love when dinobots are painted gunmetal like that

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Picked up Studio Series Wreck-Gar, since the Universe figure is infamous for breaking and the Combiner Wars figure sucked. The transformation has a couple of "fit these four pegs into place at the same time while also finagling these two tabs into this hinged panel" annoyances, but otherwise he's nice and chunky. Not sure if there's any storage for his axe in bike mode other than just pegging it into the back (or popping out a robot hand and giving him a pinwheel, whee!), and the kickstands are a little hard to get out without using a tool to pry them loose. But yeah, solid toy overall.

Also: Ball-jointed nipple cannons.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
Roadrage has officially killed my joy for G1

I am burnt out.

I can not give a **** about obscure G1 shit anymore, I have no attachment to any of it nor do I have any care to get them anymore.

I'm done with G1.

Literally all I want at this point is just:
Blaster
Blitzwing
Menasor
Superion
Defensor
Bruticus

and I'm getting half of that next year.

If G1 keeps going, I'm out.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I still want a Monstructor, but the constant obsession with the G1 show cast and whoever they can be repainted into has largely killed my interest. I can barely even muster enough interest to decide which toys to sell off. They've become part of the background.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
We've also had Beast Wars now and we're getting more AEC guys right? I feel like the G1 doesn't contain the scope of the problem. Like, for me, they're applying the same 90° template to everything, they're actively disallowed from doing anything original, etc. And they're so weirdly open about their apathy for anything new that when they have to come up with a new name, because they've made a figure of an object that showed up in one of the cartoons somewhere and had to give it a robot mode or they have a line gimmick to fill out, they barely bother. "It's some kind of palaeo ... T. rex sort of thing, right?" (An exception for Ironworks, which is a good name for someone who doesn't literally turn into an ironworks, but he's not exactly bucking the "descriptive" trend.) I'm still desperately missing the Prime and IDW designs a few years ago that, you know, hadn't been toys before they made toys of them. And dredging up noncharacters isn't the same thing, it hurts my soul every time they release another Sideswipe in a different red because Diaclone and call him Prolapse or whatever.

And honestly the Monstructors can die in a fire too, because at least with the show characters or the things that are basically merch about collecting like Blue Sideswipes, I can at least appreciate that someone is asking for this. I mean like, seriously, are they supposed to create a modern toy for every figure they ever released previously? In order? They're going to prioritize notable characters that they bothered to market the first time.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I hope there's a course correction after Cyberverse, assuming someone ever gets around to telling the Cyberverse crew it's over and they need to start working on the next kid line.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Yeah, the franchise hasn’t hit rock bottom quite yet. You’ll know when they make a line of full-sized pretenders

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Meanwhile I don't give a shit if a toy is 'another G1 rehash', if it's a good toy it's a good toy. I don't buy all the damn figures because John Hasbro doesn't put a gun to my head demanding that I buy every fuckin figure him and Takara shit out.

Anyways I picked up Studio Series 86 Jazz today at Walmart. Haven't opened him yet but he seems neat and he's one of the SS86 figures I've been looking for.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Yeah, the franchise hasn’t hit rock bottom quite yet. You’ll know when they make a line of full-sized pretenders
Carnivac and Catilla disliked this post. Chainclaw couldn't be reached for comment because he was hiding behind 10 hermetically sealed layers of rooms because he's somehow convinced he can catch COVID despite being a robot.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Meanwhile I don't give a shit if a toy is 'another G1 rehash', if it's a good toy it's a good toy. I don't buy all the damn figures because John Hasbro doesn't put a gun to my head demanding that I buy every fuckin figure him and Takara shit out.

Anyways I picked up Studio Series 86 Jazz today at Walmart. Haven't opened him yet but he seems neat and he's one of the SS86 figures I've been looking for.
He is damn fine. It's a different feel than Earthrise because he's so cartoon focused, which means slightly smaller parts and a step with the torso twist and doors that isn't very mashable, but it's a clean transformation and a damn fine robot and car with a spot-on sculpt that plays the movie soundtrack in your head like Hot Rod and Kup do.

Top Bottom