Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Spinosaurus sculpting is kind of off and has more T-Rex arms than the T-Rex does but in general, the team does look cool.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Saw a Naval Commander transformation video in my YT suggestions and gave it a look out of curiosity, and...

1668836048205.png

Really, these are the chains that caused so much complaining? Jesus christ, it's just a couple of tiny plastic watchbands.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's just an exceedingly goofy way to achieve what the original toy managed with one hinge. What went wrong in the design to require this as a solution?

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
It's a 3P toy, over-engineering simple things is what they do, we're lucky it's not an explosion of panel origami. ;p

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It’s exceedingly inelegant. Literally one step up from that one jet fire that avoided partsforming by having parts tied with string. It doesn’t not work but a hinge or two would have sufficed given all it accomplishes is to move the grill.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd say it's worse than the Jetfire (not that the rest of the toy is). That Jetfire was made by an amateur who was trying to prove that designing Transformers is easier than it looks and that third parties were charging too much. He hilariously failed, but that mid-transformation floppiness was the result of the guy trying to move parts from A to B as cheaply as possible on a character design nobody else had done before.

Fans Hobby should know better. This wasn't their first design, and it wasn't Armada Prime's first toy either. Even if you like the weird aesthetic they were going for, these chains have nothing to do with accomplishing it. There would have been no downside whatsoever to just copying the original toy's solution there.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I think its neat that this prime's matrix chamber ends up being attached to his chest like he was g1 Galvatron... but, I'm a fiction guy, toy design has never been an issue for me if I can headcanon around it. wygd?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Went to Walgreens yesterday, no Minerva.

Hope she starts showing up in-stores soon because I'm not paying like $60 for her from overseas sellers.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Went to Walgreens yesterday, no Minerva.

Hope she starts showing up in-stores soon because I'm not paying like $60 for her from overseas sellers.
She did show up on Walgreens website this past week, although out of stock. So maybe she'll be available soon. On the other hand, some people are reporting finally finding Red Alert in the brick and mortars, so ymmv?

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
She’s general retail here going for about $40. I could send one over but the shipping costs to the US are stupid.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Me too.

Is the transformation any fun? I have no attachment to Metal Gear but this just looks like a great modern robot design.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It’s okay. The shoulders don’t really lock into place and lining the treads and pistons up suck but it’s overall alright. More or less Kingdom Warpath’s transformation.

I too enjoyed when Solid Snake pulled up in a mini-tank, said “It’s Snakin’ time” and snake’d all over Big Boss. Truly one of the games of all time.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
They’d have to get SNK to greenlight it first so unlikely. Would probably release a gunmetal/blue version though

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Got Legacy Override and Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Arcee today at Walmart.

Both pretty cool, think Override is really great and Arcee is...well she's still really good but IDK just something about the chunkiness and smoothness of Override's transformation is just 👌👌👌👌👌.

Top Bottom