Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Even the pretenders did stuff with the arms and legs, even if it was just to fold them to the sides of the resulting vehicle. That’s how low the standards were at the time and the Monstructor components don’t even reach that level.

They’re so crap that the plastics used in creating them gained sentience for the sole purpose to perceive that they’re crap and knowing that made then want to put themselves out of their misery.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I have a G1 Landmine which is every bit as crap as has been said. I also got Pretender Bumblebee which I thought was pretty good.

I didn't get the Pretenders for Grimlock, Jazz or Starscream. But they did sell the characters separately from the shells and I did get those. They...weren't great. But for those who missed out getting the originals, it was something.

In retrospect, I guess it was a sign of how far the line was sliding. Pretenders, micro-masters...there were signs well before Action Masters. As a kid, I seemed to miss them all.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Oh god, I just remembered what this thing's face and soulless eyes reminded me of.
fefcc6ec-d667-4dcc-a747-ac26d0f1d033.jpg

Spoilers for Fullmetal Alchemist

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

We really owe the AOE designs an apology. Another one turns out to be totally physically possible.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Seeing how the main cast transform off-screen like 90% of the time, the CSI dudes not being far off from the average movie robots and mostly being reused models, the transformium crap was most likely just a way to cheap out on the animation budget. The designs weren’t any more impossible than the older movies.

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I was hope'n for at least combiner wars levels of combinerness from any eventual monstructor... oh well. maybe next time. it's not like I'm not still going to be buying these things in my 60s so, I'll just look forward to seeing one after I start getting my pension lol

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
The Monstructor dudes have two winged four-legged things and the Dinobots none. The sixth Dinobot in the combination could theoretically be a winged four legged thing and be used twice but I wouldn’t bet on it. They’d still be short three squat bipedal things anyhow, two of which form vital parts of the combiner and both of which already revealed to be taken by quadrupeds.

Then again, after they inexplicably cheaped out on Breakdown but went all-in on Jhiaxus and hugging Road Rocket, anything’s on the table

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They put a lot of work into Piranacon, so I'm willing to entertain a sliver of hope. Not placing any wagers, but I can dream.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Huh, a cheap, decent-looking Sixshot that isn't absurdly huge for the new generations scale? Think I'll grab one.

Tank mode is worse than usual but the car mode actually sort of looks like a truck in this one. I actually like the slimmer proportions and non-giganticness for someone who's supposed to be a ninja consultant.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Fanstoys stans are on a whole different level.
“They only made figures of these characters that traditionally combine and they showed off renders of the combined form alongside the figures. You can’t expect that the toys would combine!”

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
FT totally never intended them to combine! The combiner renders they showed off to everyone at conventions was just preproduction. They never said that they would combine and showing off a combiner render is just a coincidence. These are totally legitimate and non-shady business practices btw. Stop being entitled and demanding of something that FT lead you on with!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They also never said how long it would take, so there was no reason to expect them to be done by now. Sure other companies have brought combiners from announcement to completion in the meantime, but it's not a fair comparison. It takes time to design all the spaghetti linkages that go into a FT transformation.

Top Bottom