Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Do KO Transformers even still exist?

Like I mean the super cheap dollar store type of KOs, I haven't seen any in years, my local dollar stores just have those Transformers Authentics.

Granted the Authentics aren't that far off from KOs design-wise so I mean.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Yeah they still do. The same company that did the 80-90s scramble city kos even knocked of the CW line if the same shitty madeup insignia is anything to go by. They’re not quite as shitty as the older knockoffs but are noticeably less well built compared to the real deal

wouldnt surprise me if dollar stores and such over there don’t stock them any more though

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
How bad is it? EBay keeps booting me back to the local site and no listings show up for it
I'm seeing a listing for $288 for the regular version loose, and $315 for the Evil Black Repaint set sealed. They are in no way worth that kind of money.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Jeez. You could get the Haslab one for that scratch. Hell, you can buy the MP at aftermarket prices and have a bit of cash towards the 3P Victory Leo

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I went to a toy store at the mall, they had a bunch of G1 figures and post-G1 too

Ended up getting a loose Energon Starscream and a couple of RID 2001 Spychangers still on their card.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'll admit I mostly bought him because he was one of those figures I wanted as a kid, but never got.

(Hilariously, they actually had two toys I did have from my childhood. Energon Inferno and Armada Terrorsaur)

I'm still having fun with him though.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
The only real bad point was the weak elbows. Didn't mix well with gigantic weapons.
Energon had several figures with weedy arms and he’s got that in spades. Plus the bile green they used in it was hideous and so much of it was on display because of the wings being made of the stuff. Super mode was lame but then again pretty much all the Decepticon super modes were.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't mind the green at all. It's just those elbows that scare me. Even when they're opaque plastic they still look flimsy.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The green could be avoided by buying any of the recolors that didn't use clear plastic. But the joints were always kinda weak. And most of the Energon Decepticon "super modes" were just "here's a couple extra missile launchers".

Energon kinda feels like they got the faction gimmicks backwards. The Autobots should've had more dakka for fighting the swarms of Terrorcons, and the Decepticons should've been the combiners to make bigger threats to make the good guys work together. But Energon's fiction had so many other problems that that's barely worth mentioning.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Huh never knew they made a version with less clear parts. Thought the only other non-Botcon release was the Takara one.

Top Bottom