Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
They were designed by Hasbro in-house. Most mainline TFs have Takara doing a hefty amount of the engineering.

given the approximate time, questionable design and that it’s one of the few confirmed toys to be wholly Hasbro-designed, probably the same designer also worked on Energon Grimlock and Swoop

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
100%. Energon Grimlock's joints are very similar to Titanium toys, just plastic instead of metal and rubber.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I actually have Energon Grimlock and Swoop. Not that I disagree about the quality. That actually explains some things.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I had them, and while I don't think they were as bad as most people say, they felt kinda....half finished, design-wise. Like they were done at the end of the day, got put into the wrong pile, and ended up in production before they were ready.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
They could have at least done a bit more with paint applications. It's like they didn't even try.

Blot

Citizen
The only Titanium toy I ever saw that was even remotely decent was Scourge. I didn't have any parts falling off and it looked okay (not great but okay) in both modes. But even that was kinda hampered by the fact that the transformation was basically "hide everything inside the wings.
The Fallen was decent as far as the line went. Main problem was the back halves of the treads didn't lock in place in either mode. Also the hands were just blocks with lines to sort of imply fingers.
I got the War Within Thundercracker and it was mediocre. Far from great but not atrocious. i understand that this makes him something of a high point of the line
As I have said multiple times in the past, the honest to goodness best toy in the whole line was, of all things, Beast Machines Cheetor. Which really only highlights how bad the line was.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I gave up on the line before Cheetor made it out, so I can't comment on him. Optimal Optimus was also reasonably good, though to be fair his alt modes were pretty rudimentary to begin with, and his gorilla mode is left out entirely.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
RID Optimus Prime looks downright good aside from the hollow legs, and those don't stand out as much today sadly.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'll admit it is ever so slightly annoying that he arrived too late for me to go out and take some toy photos but who cares, I can take them tomorrow anyways lol.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
xQjbcdk.jpg

awesome

Top Bottom