Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Here's my Walmart haul for today.

mAUL5il.jpg

Rod

kHnbKpu.jpg

Rod

iFzWjvo.jpg

Rod

ACaaa5Z.jpg

Rod...but I couldn't get some of the parts flush with each other. I'll probably keep it in robot mode anyway. Now you know what this means right? Time for a trip down memory lane of every Hot Rod toy I've ever owned.

V5drbqu.jpg

This is actually not a vintage Hotrod. It was some time in the double-aughts when TRU was doing re-releases of a lot of the G1 toys. I was able to nab this one.

CeRbVE5.jpg

Ditto with this one. Not a vintage, but a TRU re-issue.

fBdTtFU.jpg

I honestly don't know what line this one's from. But I see Hotrod, I buy Hotrod.

i6Oa7io.jpg

Here's another Rodimus Prime. This was from the Titanium line. At the time, some fans bemoaned that "die cast construction, it's a lost art." Well, we got our diecast back for a short spell...and it was crap. Still, we got War Within Grimlock, so I guess there's that.

KMiRvqk.jpg

Again, I have no idea what line this one's from. But it's another Hotrod...so...

To be honest, I can't find the transformation instructions and I don't really care to try it and get it stuck in some in-between monstrosity. So I don't honestly even know if it's Hotrod or Rodimus.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Your first unknown is from Energon, second is Classics. And I think the Classics one was labelled as Rodimus on the card because it was easier to trademark as a made-up word.

Caldwin

Citizen
You know, I'd just bet if I took pictures of all of my unknowns...well first of all, it would take a good couple of days. But I bet I'd find out what they are for sure.

Caldwin

Citizen
TMM: Well, I already have the Rodimus and the Galvatron transforms into a tank instead of a cannon. I think I'll pass.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
When they announced that set my first reaction was that I had to have it, until I remembered that I already had both molds.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I bought the RTS-era three pack with the awful opaque blue window Classics Hot Rod and the white galvatron. Cyclonus. was worth it and the three pack wasn’t far off the price for Henkei cyclonus at the time, with no dumb chrome wings. Hot Rod had the awful windows as mentioned and the hood lacked saturation so that the flames blended into the orange hood. Galvatron was ugly trash.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Even Galvatron’s colors were awful. The mold is rubbish but they generally get some good colors on it. Universe and the two-pack above at least had nice shades of purple and gray. Takara’s, despite the lilac they insist on using for Galvatron, had really good base plastic colors with the deco failing mainly because of the excessive bling. The RTS pack had white and a faded almost periwinkle and random neon orange joints. Simply hideous.

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Wait there was a RTS three-pack? I thought it was just a two pack of Hot Rod and Cyclonus?

Edit: OK apparently in SEA it was a three pack with Galvatron????

Caldwin

Citizen
The only Titanium toy I ever saw that was even remotely decent was Scourge. I didn't have any parts falling off and it looked okay (not great but okay) in both modes. But even that was kinda hampered by the fact that the transformation was basically "hide everything inside the wings.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The Fallen was decent as far as the line went. Main problem was the back halves of the treads didn't lock in place in either mode. Also the hands were just blocks with lines to sort of imply fingers.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I got the War Within Thundercracker and it was mediocre. Far from great but not atrocious. i understand that this makes him something of a high point of the line

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There was obviously multiple designers, and they were not equally skilled. One clearly did not know how to sculpt hands. One sculpted beautiful hands and was so proud of them that he didn't want to 'ruin" them by adding holes to hold weapons.

Top Bottom