Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Huh, Powerlinx colors somehow make this thing look way better. Remembering the chain and the breaking clips keeps temptation at bay though.
312742854_525013689643916_5918201752458102759_n.jpg

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Thought that was just the Powerlinx Armada Prime toy at first tbh.

I remember wanting that toy so badly as a kid even though I had the original release already. The colors were just cool.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Toy colors. Finally!

I don't know what it is. On some level I prefer cartoon colors for Ultra Magnus, but I've become a sucker for the toy stickers, and I've always liked how the inner white Prime looks with them. And this one doesn't have the ill-fitting green highlights that so many white Prime Magnuses have for reasons I honestly don't know.

unluckiness

Citizen
Wasn't it because of Dreamwave?

I think that's the only version of the toy I kept. I had three or four at one point.
Had the red/blue original version but a cousin or something broke it and the only replacement they could buy by that time was the powerlinx version. I kind of like the concept, being more or less regular Optimus colors but distributed differently. It's the sort of small creative touches I wish we still got nowadays.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't think we can even blame Dreamwave for this one. It might have been started by MP-02.

unluckiness

Citizen
Wiki says this came out in 2003. I assume those are meant to be yellow but the coloring makes them look a bit on the green side. The MP-01 repaint was then released in 2005. Maybe a hugged up game of telephone?
Magnuslongshot.jpg

unluckiness

Citizen
Dragon Megs is great, aside from the godawful mustard plastic that won't take paint.

Armada Starscream is a bit of a disappointment. Robot mode's fine but transformation tends to get parts in the way of each other.

Still trying to source an inferno

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
We got in a bunch Classics TFs I snagged the Bluestreak as I dint have it also snagged a Netflix BB

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
So I've been looking at the latest from Machine Robo UNITROBO, and I get the bizarre feeling like Mayhem designed these, but I don't remember that ever happening.

unluckiness

Citizen
If mayhem designed a robot, it would look like crossovers Ghost Rider but purple.

also probably fall apart and have parts tied with string for the lols

Top Bottom