Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Why would you even need the combiner members to combine anyway? There are like two or three other stunticon sets that combine. But you should totally buy FT’s anyway because they’re the best in all three modes even if they don’t combine, they change things about the designs to make them better and are 100% screen accurate.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, 100% screen accurate in the promo pics. You never know what colors you're actually going to get.

But they never promised that Blurr would be blue. People just assumed that from literally every promo image.

unluckiness

Citizen
Blurr was the third strike for me regarding the bizarre double standards FT fans set. We see companies like XTB, DX9 or MMC occasionally issue some test shots or promo pics with colors that are off and get dragged over the coals for it. These geniuses release perfect images, manufacture a hugging purple Blurr then ship it out anyway. The defenders then pull up these particular frames of this specific episode that prove without a doubt that Blurr was purple all along.

Any other company would have been destroyed for what they pulled with their Kickback, Seaspray or to a lesser extent Swoop and Dinobot/Perceptor replacement parts.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And then they broke their purple Blurrs, because the transformation had issues.

Blurr's transformation.

unluckiness

Citizen
Don’t be silly. Nobody into their products actually transforms their toys as evidenced by Kickback. the wings break off when you rotate them for transformation, so the logical solution is to issue replacement wings that are exactly the same and stick a flyer in the box telling you not to rotate them. Then reissue it unchanged and somehow still sell out. Despite Badcube uncharacteristically making an actual good set of Insecticons and a mostly direct copy but fixed knockoff of the FT set existing.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Generation Toys appears to be a dead company according to my retailer. I’ve been pestering them for about a year now for replacement parts on their bonecrusher and they just can’t contact them any more.

I bought a knockoff of Bonecrusher for about $20 and it arrived within a week. Got the parts I needed and the knockoff comes with a non-faceplated headsculpt to boot. Got a small refund for the Devastator set on the retailer’s end too so everything ended up good in the end.

unluckiness

Citizen
Their latest thing was a IDW-ish Defensor but sitting at an awkward position being too huge for CHUG (even pre-Siege) but not toon enough for MP kinda sank that one. That's besides the quality issues, mind you. I don't think they've done any T-Beasts outside Primal and Sideswipe. I don't even get the fascination with T-Beast. A lot of the designs were terrible and the ones that weren't were just generic mecha with TF logos and heads slapped on them.

A Sideswipe repaintand Defensor reissues are listed as upcoming but I dunno that might just be the factory milking the molds for a few extra bucks as has happened with previous dead companies. The Sideswipe is a uninspired black repaint (not even G2) and the Defensor are straight rereleases at a discount.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wow. They made a whole Defensor without me noticing. Too bad about the issues. I expect a Defensor to be totally solid but kinda boring.

unluckiness

Citizen
Wow, I thought this thing was dead. Looks like a good update that actually improves on the original in pretty much every way, if a bit thinner than I'd associate with Cybertron Optimus. MP scale again sucks though.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Everyone thought this was dead. I wonder if they made a decision to let Fans Hobby's UT Primes be the guinea pigs before committing to tooling on this one.

It looks weird. Maybe I'm just too used to the old toy's proportions, but they elongated a bot that already gains boots in super mode. It's a bit much. But I think I could get used to it. This is Optimus Prime run through a modern super robot anime filter. Restraint isn't in the design language.

unluckiness

Citizen
If this is Long Optimus, that thing was Stumpimus Prime. A shame, I really wanted to like it.

Everyone thought this was dead. I wonder if they made a decision to let Fans Hobby's UT Primes be the guinea pigs before committing to tooling on this one.

It looks weird. Maybe I'm just too used to the old toy's proportions, but they elongated a bot that already gains boots in super mode. It's a bit much. But I think I could get used to it. This is Optimus Prime run through a modern super robot anime filter. Restraint isn't in the design language.
I think the longer thighs helps super mode a lot actually. Previously, all he gained were platform shoes that made his thighs look short and feet /shins even longer in super mode. In this case, he does lose a bit of the chunk that Galaxy Convoy has but has better-balanced leg proportions in super mode. Regular mode does end up with Shaggy proportions though.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Siege is just sad. There is a good idea at the core of it, giving the design a normal robot mode that isn't just a boring version of the super mode. But very little about the execution is good.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I actually like the Stege Galaxy Convoy 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I remember when it came out people were like 'Why not just get the original version?' as if the OG toy wasn't from 20-*******-05.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
It wasn't that long ago. I mean...let's see...it's 2022...minus 2005...that's...

Shut up!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I may also be biased because I already have the old one and didn't see the new one as an improvement in any way, especially for $50.

Top Bottom