Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
On the bright side, maybe whoever it was on the design team with a hard-on for needlenose will finally shut up.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Needlenose and maybe Tarn are the only ones that look interesting to me so far. Unless the Dinobots do turn out to be premolds for a Monstructor, but I'd rather wait for that version.

unluckiness

Citizen
Tarn and the Mad Max truck guy are my picks. Maybe Hot Shot if they end up doing more Armada. Could be persuaded by good deluxe insecticons if them on the poster is more than an easter egg.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Dinobots are definitely designed with Dinoking in mind. The torso being made of Slag and Sludge instead of Grimlock would be very surprising, except that it completely aligns with Dinoking.

unluckiness

Citizen
I'd probably be into it if it didn't translate into a combiner that stands roughly as tall as Optimus.

Also, Sludge looks absolutely awful.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I'd probably be into it if it didn't translate into a combiner that stands roughly as tall as Optimus.

Also, Sludge looks absolutely awful.

So perfect to go with the old Prime Abominus to duke it out with Micromasters on Metroplex and the rest of the citybots.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
And now I'm thinking of Spotlight: Metroplex when he wakes up and just steps on Sixshot.

And somehow nobody notices an entire fortress transforming and standing up just barely off-panel until STOMP.

unluckiness

Citizen
Even with how bad Sludge’s flank-legs are, there’s no way this gets close to the almost parodic lack-of-hugs of the g1 toys. The g1 Monstructor parts are so low-effort that 4/6 of them don’t even bother outside flipping heads and the last two swipe the standard micromaster transformation.

unluckiness

Citizen
TBH, they might not bother with Monstructor since if they're keeping the dinosaur altmodes, this may be specifically intended as Dinoking to capitalize off Victory Saber.

Of course, Core class means that Dinoking will reach Victory Saber's knee if he's lucky so IDK

unluckiness

Citizen
Tarn looks great. No obvious corner-cutting and looks about as good as the 3P ones at around a third of the cost.

Glad i sold off my MMC Tarn before the value tanked

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The G1 Monster Pretenders are adorable. They're as simple as Micromasters because they're the size of Micromasters. Trying to make one last G1 combiner with so little size and budget to work with was kinda audacious, and I respect that.

unluckiness

Citizen
Most of them have a single panel that swaps their heads out, making all three of their modes basically the same exact thing. Being even simpler than a Micromaster is not anything commendable.

Top Bottom