Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Oh wow, DNA actually made something that isn’t just gap fillers and height extenders. aside from changing the random white on the shins, i dunno what else I could ask for. Looks real good too. Might have to grab an Animated Prime.
IMG_1753.jpeg

IMG_1754.jpeg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Add a faceplate and I'm sold. I'm still not an Animated fan but I'm a sucker for super modes, and this is well done.

The clip-on wheels suck, and they don't even match the front wheels, but unfortunately today that just makes it look more believable, like this is what it would look like if Hasbro made it. That makes me like it more.

unluckiness

Citizen
Their previous history indicates that if you get enough people to bitch at them on facebook, they'll tweak things a bit. preorders mention a first run bonus piece so that's probably the faceplate.

50 bucks. Not bad at all.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I hate preorder bonuses, but it's still better than the days when DNA spread the parts across multiple sets that each contained irrelevant pieces. There is no filler in this set at all.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
shins must be white to even out the plastic budget between the 4 colors ... otherwise we'd likely have gotten a black ladder painted white or something

well minus the lower part that's painted white over blue

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The concept art says "Feet should look Closer to Ultra Magnus Feet", so we're stuck with white shins.

Even though that's not how Animated Ultra Magnus works.

unluckiness

Citizen
We only got the uncolored lineart to work with officially. These shins are white because a popular fan-colored version of the lineart colored them white and the custom DNA swiped the concept from followed that piece of art despite all the white on the Optimus animation model being translated to silver/gray in toy form.
I hate preorder bonuses, but it's still better than the days when DNA spread the parts across multiple sets that each contained irrelevant pieces. There is no filler in this set at all.
Of note is that their first run bonuses for other kits have been included in reissues lol.

Last edited:

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This set looks good. Guess I’ll be getting a Legacy Animated Prime for this Powermasters set.

Pie in the sky hope that Hasbro do a Legacy (or whatever the later lines are called) Animated Megs. More hopefully, maybe finally give a version of Marauder Megs.

Top Bottom