Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah I heard about the whole 'entirely made of transparent plastic' thing.

Knock on wood though I've never had transparent plastic break on me before so gonna be careful that this isn't the first time.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
And honestly the Monstructors can die in a fire too, because at least with the show characters or the things that are basically merch about collecting like Blue Sideswipes, I can at least appreciate that someone is asking for this. I mean like, seriously, are they supposed to create a modern toy for every figure they ever released previously? In order? They're going to prioritize notable characters that they bothered to market the first time.
Honestly, it's because I always wanted Monstructor as a kid, but the old toys have multiple degrees of inevitable self-destruction, between GPS, shell rot, and just general tiny fragile pegs. It's not worth trying to track the original down when it's doomed to fail.

And they did get some push in IDW, at least, which gives them more presence than Lambro Recolor #43 or Background Seeker #37. But they're not quick and easy repaints, so....

Cradok

Citizen
Roadrage has officially killed my joy for G1

I am burnt out.

I can not give a **** about obscure G1 shit anymore, I have no attachment to any of it nor do I have any care to get them anymore.

I'm done with G1.

Literally all I want at this point is just:
Blaster
Blitzwing
Menasor
Superion
Defensor
Bruticus

and I'm getting half of that next year.

If G1 keeps going, I'm out.

It's pretty funny that in one sentence you're railing against more G1, and the next listing off a whole bunch of G1 guys who we've had new versions of in the last six years.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
It's pretty funny that in one sentence you're railing against more G1, and the next listing off a whole bunch of G1 guys who we've had new versions of in the last six years.
The never ending war within...

I'm more done with the obscure stuff, I just want WFC quality versions of each of those figures since the PWT ones were not great.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
T30 Blitzwing was decent but he barely held together. TR was mediocre at best. I'm definitely up for a new one.

I could take or leave those other chumps

Sharkshadow

Citizen
i picked up grapple at ollies today annnnnnnnnnnnnd 4 minutes home and i broke him. snapped both the pegs on his crane off in his legs. he still transforms but hes kinda loose in robot mode.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
i also still kinda want a monstructor... and while i can't yet say i'm out out... these last 3 series have for sure been pushing me hard in that direction. When it isn't more mold burnout than in combiner wars... it's not actually being able to buy the toys i want because they're exclusive to ebay in under an hour or just never actually show up on shelves.

i can't wait to start bitching about not being able to buy $40 deluxes at retail

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
When it isn't more mold burnout than in combiner wars...
I don't really think that's been a problem with WFC though? Like, most characters who don't share molds in G1 don't share molds in Earthrise, and Kingdom's given every BW show character their own mold. (And I mean, I know you don't mean Combiner Wars literally, the line where you couldn't complete any two classic teams without having at least one redeco pair and half the molds were indistinguishable from one another to start with. Just saying, as much as I hate the Diaclone and Netflix army filler characters as an expression of nothing, they're not exactly hard to ignore, and having two versions of the paint job to choose from for all the main guys so Cheetor can have the right blue after all is just more better.)

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
You’d have to be trying very specifically to have more than one or two mold reuses in WFC. There are even quite a few molds that have never been released more than once, in contrast to Prime Wars where each mold would be reused as a G1 cartoon character, the same dude but toy-accurate, an IDW character, a BW character, the muffin man and your sixth grade gym teacher

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The only WFC mold that is overused is the Stege Megatron one tbh.

But even then they're just constantly rereleasing it as Megatron, they're not trying to reuse it for different characters.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Cheetor and Tigatron don't even share a mold anymore. WFC really doesn't go for the most obvious thing when it does redecos.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
sorry I was kinda lumping mold reuse and cross-line re-issues in together... like when you have to clearance out 20 earthrise Arcees just to stock 10 kingdom ones... you start to wonder why roadrage is an exclusive. so it's not in a "ooh I need to buy all of these wheeljacks" as it is... did we really need to have 3 Wheeljacks on the shelf at the same time at walmart. type of mold fatigue.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I honestly feel it's just a matter of 'characters casual fans will recognize' vs 'characters the fuckin losers who post on Transformers fan forums hardcore fans will recognize' tbh.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A lot of people never saw Earthrise Arcee due to 2020 and I guess they assumed we were sad about it.

Top Bottom