Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Bought some beasties
100_4448.JPG

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Legacy Prime Arcee looks pretty bad. The proportions aren't great and it misses the three design cues that I'd expect of a toy trying to be that particular Arcee: the headlight-bra, the wings and the wheels embedded in the legs.

All in all, it gives the impression of a being pretool of some dumb G1 nobody.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
At least the PRID toy isn't too hard or too expensive to find, and is a decent enough size. It's pretty good too.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I kinda see why she would be included into the Legacy line IF you don't already have one of the better TF Prime versions then now is your chance to get her, But if you do already have the TF Prime Arcee's then this is a total skip

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It's the same energy as painting Hound primary colors and trying to pass it off as cybertron Hot Shot. Do it right or do something else.

Could be worse I guess. They could have repackaged Earthrise Arcee again.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It turns into a motorcycle. That was probably the extent of the analysis of whether or not the mold would make a good TFPrime Arcee.

Blot

Citizen
Legacy Prime Arcee looks pretty bad. The proportions aren't great and it misses the three design cues that I'd expect of a toy trying to be that particular Arcee: the headlight-bra, the wings and the wheels embedded in the legs.

All in all, it gives the impression of a being pretool of some dumb G1 nobody.
G2 nobody actually. Popular speculation is Road Rocket.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
So instead of a background nobody from when TF plateaued , it's a medialess nobody from the franchises' nadir. I'm sure glad they dedicated the mold to capturing their likeness instead of who is arguably the lead robot in their post-Bay boom series.
It turns into a motorcycle. That was probably the extent of the analysis of whether or not the mold would make a good TFPrime Arcee.
After her and Bulkimus Prime, I'm fearing the worst for Knockout. It'll probably be red Jazz at this point, or like a retool of Legacy Dead End with a fake hoodchest.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Knockout's design should translate to G1 a lot more easily. It's just the lack of paint that's going to suck.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Should be fine as long as they tone down the two-toned red in vehicle mode. IIRC, prioritizing that was what led to the lack of detailing for the rest of the car in the PRID figure. Knockout's colors scheme is more or less just red and white/silver with some yellow bits here and there.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
IIRC, the only notable thing Flamewar's ever done was cosplay as Megatron. Buy a stege Megs and call it a day.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
V7JOWZFl.jpg

tDpuq1al.jpg

I mentioned purchasing this set and I'm really happy with them overall. Devastator is overall stable and decently posable. Scrapper, Scavenger and Long Haul are stellar. Mixmaster's pretty good, Bonecrusher's a bit messy. Only Hook is particularly crappy among the set. Love the industrial, realistic look the altmodes have so i slapped some caution decals I had lying around on them. Surprised they still stuck, I haven't worked on a gundam in years.

They also have the proper shade of purple.

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I love that the forearms as generators is just a thing that happens now... great idea can't remember if maketoys did it first or if it was the add on kit for Hercules

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel like I should have just gotten Hulkie and learned to accept the bad proportions, because it was an experiment I'm not sure anyone will ever try again.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
There are like 2 or 3 different knockoffs of varying quality and quite a few secondhand sets after New Age and Magic Square released theirs. Shouldn’t be too hard to get one.

i wouldn’t recommend it honestly. Ambitious thing but it’s compromised beyond what even the built-in combiner and smallness would excuse in aesthetics, articulation and stability

Last edited:

Top Bottom