Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
HaJusih.jpg

i would love to own this but not $700 upfront love it. Skipping right leg day doesn't help

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just respect it for not needing extra pieces to combine, even if the extra pieces do help.

unluckiness

Citizen
I admire it for that. I don't admire some of the weird design decisions that had nothing to do with the combined mode. I guess the awful combiner feet without the shoes too.

Last edited:

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
My haul *Not pictured digital copies of Saints Row 4 and Burnout Paradise for the switch
100_4440.JPG

unluckiness

Citizen
RTS Optimus was great. About the only thing idon’t like is the awful paint/clear plastic window matching

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
RTS Optimus was the true path for the Laser Prime design, but I guess using the real windshield just isn't G2 enough.

unluckiness

Citizen
To be fair, I don't think Laser Prime was ever intended to or even implied to have window pecs, just rectangles with his name plastered over them like some kind of robot gangster tattoos.

That said, RTS Prime is GOAT.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
RTS Prime is redesigning done right. Using the truck windshield as the chest reduced the backpack so much that they were able cram other parts back there and use them for weapon storage, and it's still smaller than the original backpack. It's a change that improves everything it affects.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
RTS Prime's engineering needs to be scaled up, though so he can have some stronger joints and less tetchy plastic tolerances. It is very excellent design, though, agreed.

unluckiness

Citizen
I dunno if it was universal but mine always had gaps no matter how much I squeezed or massaged parts. The hood halves in particular.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I think my hood halves were alright, but I never could get the wheel guards/sword sheath to sit flush in vehicle mode, or the thing to sit flat.

unluckiness

Citizen
Even when transformed correctly, there's next to no ground clearance with the way the tires are mounted. And yeah, the truck does have a habit of bending at the hip joints which doesnt help matters.

the new one looks good if unremarkable. Dunno if i need another laser Optimus though i do like how the fade has been supplanted by the Movie-style flames

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm more interested in seeing it as Scourge. But I already have LG-EX Black Convoy, so it'll have to really blow me away to be worth a purchase.

unluckiness

Citizen
Wonder how they’ll handle scourge. The clear chest windows would preclude the weird divided pecs Scourge had although they could just paint them over

Blot

Citizen
To be fair, I don't think Laser Prime was ever intended to or even implied to have window pecs, just rectangles with his name plastered over them like some kind of robot gangster tattoos.
Once Hasbro went "oh jeez kids really do care about that Optimans guy we sell" the toys (that were new molds) made the effort to make sure his robot mode was recognizable as Truckman-with-window-chest-and-grill-abs. Powermaster, Hero, to deny Laser Prime's rounded-edge squares are meant to be windows just because they contained stickers that said HI MY NAME IS is just being contrarian. Heck Optimus and Megatron were the only guys to get new molds in G2 that actually looked like the characters they were supposed to.

Well, Mirage too but we all know what happened there.

unluckiness

Citizen
I dunno what’s contrarian about pointing out that even in-fiction, the chest squares couldn’t be and never tried to be the actual windows because the truck model has a completely differently shaped cab and windshield that do not have text on them.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
That’s kind of underwhelming. I mean, i’m still interested because boats but it’s kind of bland and generic all around.
3DBE5B40-DDAD-4F32-B85C-1414E75AD618.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Bottom