Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Seeing it only from one side, the cannon looks like it's sitting in a really natural position, which made me forget that because it's Soundwave he has only one of those and won't be symmetrical.

It looks like the transformation has a bit going on with some neat steps, and they clearly put an effort into defining some shapes there, but like ... those scoopy things at the front are 60% of something my brain needs 80% of to fill in the gaps, and then there's the cockpit skylight. It's a pity because Soundwave's robot mode is unusually good with some really attractive angles.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
what are the chances of getting a bee movie arcee?

hopefully not having to do the geewun alt mode means that she'd be the best vaguely g1-ish arcee toy

Copper Bezel

Citizen
I think there was supposed to be one in leaked listings. I'm definitely hoping for one as well.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Sound wave could have been cool if he had some nice forward-swept wings, kind of like the bat-plane.

And not have his crotch front and center.

unluckiness

Citizen
254756038_10161237597925559_572482396259269942_n.jpg

unluckiness

Citizen
I really don't like the Bumblebee movie design faces, at least in toy form. On screen, zoomed out, it looks fine, but on the tiny space of a retail action figure's head, all the greeble ends up muddling the lines of the face.

Copper Bezel

Citizen
I really don't like the Bumblebee movie design faces, at least in toy form. On screen, zoomed out, it looks fine, but on the tiny space of a retail action figure's head, all the greeble ends up muddling the lines of the face.
Yeah, it's the one area where there seems to be just a little bit of Bay sticking around and making things slightly less good.

unluckiness

Citizen
Bayformers definitely had the metal shard mugs but even their toys pulled faces off generally decently because despite being made of a jumble of tiny bits, each segment as small as it is was defined and smooth enough so that the shapes read as a greebly face and when they don't, have some black or gunmetal in between to visually separate the segments.

The Bee movie aesthetic goes for a similar segmented look but despite each segment being generally larger, they have inordinate amounts of lines and greeble carved into them. On top of this, they’re painted all in one color, drowning the sculpt. Some of the smaller scale 3P Bee movie figures omit some of the facial greeble and it looks way better despite the hit to accuracy.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
007wt5dcgy1gvyrga69whj30xc0xcgwx.jpg007wt5dcgy1gvyrg9bhh1j30xc0xcdp1.jpg007wt5dcgy1gvyrg8ismpj30xc0xc13d.jpg
Man, i'm doubledipping on this mold aren't I? Just wish the yellow windows were either red or blue, they kinda look out of place overall. Even swapping out the yellow and the clear red in the underboob lights and crotch panels would be a huge difference.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
the exact renders have been posted previously as a proposed 3D print project on weibo with a misspelled racial slur username, suggesting a troll. It also didn’t end up going anywhere. Aside from this, no dumb trademark-friendly names and molded/printed insignias tell me they’re probably full of shit all things considered.

i’ll be happy to eat crow-stuffed hat if this ends up releasing anything

Top Bottom