Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Noip

I'll think of something later.
Citizen
It would most certainly be unique. Can't argue that at ALL.

I was raised Baptist,so yeah, no little men attached to my crosses either.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I was baptized Episcopalian, but none of my family were ever particularly religious. There were a few crosses around, but I never really paid attention to them.

And now I'm an atheist anyway, so it's a moot point.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
95sSj6u.jpeg

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Looks like my IDW Grimlock's at the store. Should probably go pick that up soon but it's such a hassle to go to malls this time of year and I don't want to pay shipping for something that's like 5 kilometers or so away.

unluckiness

Citizen
from what i can tell, it never could make up its mind between filling in the gaps behind the scenes of the cartoon, literally those shitty digital IDW comics but somehow drawn better and general Furman shit

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Yeah, they weren't great and Furman's a trash human being. But it did give us "Me Grimlock badass!"

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
And that *is* a badass Grimlock. The dino mode particularly just looks like it'd be a lot more impressive on the shelf or fun to pose than the usual G1 bananas.

Edit: And so shiny

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Not being a tail-dragger already makes it more dynamic than nearly every official G1 Grimlock. I mean, the only one I can remember that has the proper stance is Classics, so it's not really a high bar being set, but.

unluckiness

Citizen
Classics Grimlock would have been pretty good if his shoulders locked. Maybe tweak the transformation so that he isn’t 80% shin

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
For an homage to the Pretender inner robot, it's not a bad toy.

You will never convince me that that wasn't the intention. I don't quite understand why they went that route with it, but they did.

unluckiness

Citizen
Maybe because he was stuck in the deluxe size and they decided to go with his smallest toy at the time.

it certainly isn’t bad but it has my pet peeve of gigantic shins with tiny thighs, rendering leg articulation functionally useless.

anyway IDW grimlock is insanely solid but for a toy this size, clearance issues leg transformation is a bit head-scratching. Also, he has LED eyes but with a weird battery size when there’s plenty room to use a more conventional one. Ordered one online waiting for it to arrive

Last edited:

Top Bottom