Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
SO I bought this thing because it was only slightly more expensive than the retail version and its colors aren't snooze-inducing. It's got a lot of the same problems as the other fossilizers, namely awkward feet but this guy is at least very stable , just that his legs look really awkward and bowlegged doing so. There's a baffling lack of ports compared to the skeletons, and i really dunno why, since this guy is like twice the mass of the other two. Blast effects are at least a pretty shade of pink and blue and come with a convenient box to toss them in and forget about, to keep them from melting your toys.
iT8Y3m0.jpg

Also more limegreen/purple construction vehicles because UW Devy looks even dumber next to the WFC figures

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I think this is the most disappointed I've been with the line in a long time. Retail is a joke, all the cool figures I want are expensive import online exclusives ... and we still haven't even got the latest redo of siege Megatron in hand yet.

what is even this hobby?

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
The online exclusives and things are meant to replace the Club toys though. So they're doing something right if they're even desirable, because they're more accessible than the BotCon or subscription figures ever were.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I mean, I hated it when the Club did it too, but at least it could actually be bought from the Club, rather than from whichever random store picked up that particular set for the four-minute period at a random time of day before scalper bots buy it all out. And even if you do get an order in, it's still blind luck if the store will actually fulfill the order, or if you'll just get a cancellation notice a few weeks later.

Basically, it's not the method, it's the process.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Yeah, that's fair. = / Those threads tracking when things come into stock to jump on that brief window when you're just trying to pay online retail price for an online retail toy look like murder.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
complaining about retail distribution is weird cuz like

there's kind of a whole on-going pandemic going on

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Which is why I don't complain about how my local Walmart has had nothing but three Warpaths and a Paleotrex on the shelves for four months. Again, I'm complaining about the process, not distribution.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
even before the pandemic, trawling retail was such an inefficient way of finding toys. At best, i only did it for stuff that i was iffy on and ordered stuff i actually want online.

also I can’t believe they dropped the ball so hard on cow raptor grimlock

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Love the concept of the Draculaformer. Hate the Mindwipe mold and how much of it's reused and they really should have invested some new parts into weapons because the laser pistol is really out of place.

Guess Weirdwolf as the Wolfman and Skullcruncher as the Creature from the Black Lagoon are next at this rate.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
who would they use as the mummy? i could see a retool of Kup as Frankenstein's monster but kind of at a loss as to who they'd use for Imhotep.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
If we assume they’re reusing TR Deluxe molds maybe Scourge. Thing isn’t at all close in robot mode but he turns into a flying sarcophagus.

Then retool Scorponok with a The Rock head to go with it.

Top Bottom