Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Skyfire's jet mode was always kind of a rushed throwaway to make it just distinct enough from the Super Valkyrie to evoke it without actually putting it in the show.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Hugging four foot Metroplex and they remove his antennae, hide his head, then flip out a smaller fake-head to reattach the antennae to. What a joke.

unluckiness

Citizen
video for your reference. Transformation is quite the workout; dude's sweating towards the end. Makes sense, This is basically a large dinner table with a bunch of moving parts stood up.

Kneecaps partsform too lol missed that the first time.

unluckiness

Citizen
Yet. Thing appears to work on 100% friction joints. While I think the need for ratchets is overblown on most figures, at a certain size, it is a necessity. Friction at this scale will either be nigh-impossible to move or loosen over time.

unluckiness

Citizen
To be fair, they can't seem to make a combiner at all. They just suckered the idiots that'll buy anything with FT slapped on it into buying a most of the combiner team that they'll try to retrofit into a combiner with a giant non-transforming skeleton somehow.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
ic5w1ci00dj19zm6m2stuu1j.jpg
417s56xjjtrwf58sph82udbyn.jpg

5rcvk066fgkf4l000yxc3bwzu.jpg

Looks pretty solid. It's clearly inspired by Primal but different enough to not be too out of place.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I laugh at this set, but adding a sixth member to help the combined mode proportions is a good idea, and it looks like they did a good job with it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The feet are also separate characters in this one. So if you also count the hands combining into a crab, this is a 9-part crew.

unluckiness

Citizen
The lion and the gorilla come with one foot each. They're identical aside from the robot headsculpts and the number decals. The lion one has separate eyes, with one scarred eye and the gorilla's wolf has a visor.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
neat. there are two wolves inside you NotPredaking.

on one hand I was kinda hope'n for slightly more distinction between them like on a dancuga level... of like not that much - but still different... but i guess they need to keep the foot modes identical

so I can't honestly complain that they went this way. maybe toyhacks will make a sticker sheet eventually that would help me out, but that's a ways off I need to see reviews of how this thing holds up in combined mode before i toss money at it

Top Bottom