Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
It's good enough for Legacy Menasor, I guess.
Actually the Menasor arms are much cleverer than that. The arm cars peg onto the arm, then the arm extends, splitting the car. It's never in your hand in two pieces.

Still the GoBots Courageous thing, but of course, the Stunticons have a trailer to keep all that shit in.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Am I seeing that right that the figure splits in half, with the top half hiding inside the foot and the bottom half plugged into a slot on the combiner shin? Is this like a GoBots Courageous thing?
Looks like the thigh is the Scrapper shins based off the two circle detailing but there’s simply too much leg that I’m not quite sure. For all we know, scrapper is in more than two pieces

It also looks like a mother Scrapper giving birth to a baby scrapper.

unluckiness

Citizen
In this market? You'll get your stupidly huge, farcically toon-accurate parts-forming Devastator or your stupidly tiny, farcically toon-accurate parts-forming Devastator and you'll like it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I am honestly more inclined to just stick with my old Energon version than to drop money on any of the newer ones.

unluckiness

Citizen
I actually kind of like Energon Devastator apart from the crane limb. Unfortunately, you have to use two of it.

Also, speaking of Unicron Trilogy, from the people that made the poorly-timed Unicron:

3258A67E-A841-49AD-A9A0-63F616099ED5.jpeg
4425BD34-82D3-4B6F-B5BE-C65C7FC4404C.jpeg

Looks more of a straightforward remake of the original toy than their Unicron was but then again, that's Primus' only real appearance aside from, like, Rodimus repaints.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It looks like the Don Figueroa design, but without the Dreamwave proportions. Neat.

unluckiness

Citizen
The shoulders look like they actually incorporate some planet crust on the front rather than sitting on top of them as kibble. It's impressive how streamlined and kibble-free it is compared to the original toy and even design art.
Galaxy_Force_PRIMUS_17__1234097926.jpg

Primus_by_Don_Figueroa.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I forgot how bad that toy's proportions are. What was it with the Unicron Trilogy and micro biceps?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They packed so much crap into the forearms, they didn't have alt mode space left for more proportionate arms.

unluckiness

Citizen
Generally, toys from that era emphasized gimmicks and altmode more than the robot mode so it's not surprising bot mode ended up whatever you could build out of the leftover vehicle parts that didn't have a gigantic spring-loaded or electronic gimmick built into it. Aside from tiny biceps, tiny thighs were pretty common as well.

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
now, I'm right there with you Unluckiness, but I know my strength will be tested when they show off the wingsaber add on lol

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would find it a lot harder to resist if their Armada Prime hadn't been so ugly and breakable. I don't love Energon Prime enough to buy one for the sake of it, especially at third party prices. It's most interesting to me as a companion piece to an Armada Prime.

unluckiness

Citizen
I'll wait for a sale. Voltron Prime is a unique footnote in the history of Optimuses and the toy looks really good. THe color testshot looks perfect.
FB_IMG_1651919685675.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is what updates should be. They kept what was interesting about the design, and tried to fix the parts that don't work. Every change improves something.

unluckiness

Citizen
TBH, if these guys go full gigachad and release an Energon Omega for this to commandeer, I'd make room in the budget just for the sheer audacity.

unluckiness

Citizen
I can't believe they made a spinosaurus fossilizer instead of a sabertoothed cat so that we could form a Fossilizer megazord

unluckiness

Citizen
I guess it would be cool if they made five recolors. The box of crayons aesthetic is quite important for being voltron.

Top Bottom