Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I don't mind the alt mode because it's in the same space as movie Hound and he's also Bulkhead. But yeah, there's no way to get a good Bulkhead out of an Optimus and this toy isn't pulling off any unexpected magic. (And if it hadn't needed to be Optimus, they could have used a version of this kind of vehicle with a rounded cab or a sloped windshield to imply Bulkhead's body type. A military supply truck isn't that big a leap from an APC, but there are plenty of trucks of that kind with cabs that look like a Bulkhead torso and they chose the worst option.)

And the proportions wouldn't bother me as much if they weren't the most boring possible proportions for a robot truck man, like a goddamn Mars Converters. If it was different from Bulkhead but still good, maybe that'd be okay. But it's not, and the fact that this toy is meant to represent a dude with a distinctive silhouette , one that would add welcome variety to a shelf of typical robot men, just sharpens that "boring" into "insulting".

Why are his arms so damn small? X /

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I don’t think there’s enough of a paint budget on an entire wave of retail toys to make a satisfactory Pyro but it’d be cool to see the attempt

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
I've never given thought to animu girl Bayformers Optimus but now that I have, somehow, a flannel shirt and daisy dukes seem more appropriate than... that.

Also, dirty blonde instead of like, Hatsune Miku hair.

Edit: Also, also, wow, that thing's huge, like Hot Toys tall.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
qa9CyCGh.jpg

OrHDCD9h.jpg

wcvRpIhh.jpg

v7HcbqYh.jpg

Looks good so far but hard to say given how it's clearly a test shot. Looks like they reworked the transformation since the gorilla pecs were clearly the crotch plate in the first prototype.

Copper Bezel

Citizen
That's going to be a good looking monke with paint. Definitely looks like he fits the vibe of the rest of the team.

unluckiness

Citizen
Toyworld: We have a partsforming crotch, head and forearms.
These guys: Hold our entire leg
279294268_147685571097826_287879458432048899_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1651373405209.jpg

Blot

Citizen
Someone dug up those pre-Combiner Wars era posts of "what if Hasbro made the gestalt a Build-A-Figure pack in with the regular toys since they will never do combiners again" and decided there was a market for it, huh?

Copper Bezel

Citizen
Am I seeing that right that the figure splits in half, with the top half hiding inside the foot and the bottom half plugged into a slot on the combiner shin? Is this like a GoBots Courageous thing?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It's good enough for Legacy Menasor, I guess.

I still don't have a modern Devastator, and looking at this, that will continue to be true for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom