Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Gotcha. I read a little bit from a forum thread that mentioned the previous posting and misunderstood (or the posts were mistaken.) That's unfortunate. = o

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The piled of dirt dug up by strip-mining so far past the bottom of the barrel would rival Everest

unluckiness

Citizen
I don't give a crap about defensor, but I really, really like fire truck robots and this looks stellar. Dunno why the reviewer is comparing it to the cartoon given it clearly isn't trying to be that but whatever. Would have liked it a bit smaller (the truck is 15 inches long and the robot is about MP Optimus size) but like I said, fire trucks are cool.
G1 alt compare 2.JPGG1 compare.JPG
Speaking of which, Soul of Chogokin Choryujin was announced. Looks like it'd fit right in with the new MP aesthetic and I love GGG but i wanna see how they handle the individual robots. Expecting either shit articulation or extensive partsforming.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I want to be interested in Chouryujin, but between the price tag of the average SoC figure, and the tendency for "high-end" transforming toys to be floppy, overcomplicated, and often fragile, I can't say I intend to actually buy it.

unluckiness

Citizen
Yeah, Gaogaigar was just about perfect out of the box but about a year down the line he got floppy even just standing around without the hammer. Jesus, Bandai what is even the point of ratchet joints if they go limp faster than his friction joints? Their screw-less construction makes it next to impossible to fix too

Copper Bezel

Citizen
I'd take limited articulation over Legoforming.
Considering the original needed the lower arms, head, and chest to each plug on in the combination, I think something with that level of partsforming that ended up with some degree of articulation would be pretty impressive.

unluckiness

Citizen
Now that I think about it, Soul of Chogokin does have the non-transforming subline now and aside from the wheels looking to be actual wheels, not much about this indicates it even transforms. That said, they already did a non-transforming one that didn't sell and it is only one image thus far.
FB_IMG_1637295859678.jpg

Edit: This looks to be a picture of the non-transforming Super Robot Chogokin now that I look at it not on the phone. Probably don't have anything to show yet and whoever wrote the press release just grabbed this stock image from image search. I owned this thing at one point and really didn't like it despite the relatively low standards for non-transforming toys. the shoulderpads were the worst-designed points of articulation ever and i still don't understand why they designed them the way they did. It also has like a zillion points of articulation, making it finicky yet, also having limited movement in key joints like the aforementioned shoulders and hips. It also has a habit of symmetrical undocking

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Iirc the Jesusformer was designed by Jizai, who is basically a legend in the homebrewed transforming robot world. Dude moved on to 3P and made the Fansproject headmaster line and some of the Action Toy Gobots

Noip

I'll think of something later.
Citizen
Those are things that make sense. Jesus Prime does not.

Never in my life have I said "You know what my transforming robot toyline needs? More Jesus!".

Copper Bezel

Citizen
You haven't seen the rest of the JizaiToys repertoire. He had Mickey Mouse and Optimus Prime cassetticons, a skyscraper that might be a reference to the movie Big, a humanoid lady who turned into a chair, a variety of animal transformations including a sexy lady frog, U-Haul Robot from the Transformers Wiki, and Octane, because who wants Octane?

I would honestly love to have a Jesus Prime. The use of the stigmata as transformation joints and the INRI belt is just fabulous, and I like that the armor form has a sort of Crusader vibe for extra sacrilege. It'd also be a much more unique piece in my collection than yet another Chromedome. (Admittedly the execution isn't perfect and I was never Catholic, so I haven't been around a lot of ornate crucifixes to fully appreciate that aspect as a commonplace object. Which is of course part of the gag here, that it's not just Jesus but the Jesus totem specifically, where I'm used to seeing naked crosses due to my Protestant background.)

Top Bottom