Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It’s a modern chunky Ironhide cosplaying as the comparatively thin G1 model but that it doesn’t partsform, hides the feet better than Earthrise and looks pretty tidy is impressive.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
mmexport1659673815715.jpgmmexport1659673823820.jpg
I really dig the robot mode and I like the curves on the rhino but I'm kinda disappointed that the rhino isn't more Zoids-ey

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Not having to fit a giant chunk of motor in its body probably helps with that.

Adding a bigass unwieldy asymmetric gun assembly should probably fix the lack of Zoids ness

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Thestyracosaurus/triceratops fossilizer is definitely the worst one. You can make a coolsword with the T-rex and a crossbow with the pteranodon but there's just no way to make decent weapons with the ceratoprsian mold.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
In retrospect, I don't much like the Fossilizers. Skeleton dinos should've been an easy win, but they're just kinda....lame.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
If they were like the legends one that turned into a complete skeleton to complete robot they’d be better overall. They’re pretty lame weapons and the beast Wars toys, the ones they’d be most fitting with, don’t even have the appropriate ports

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
TM1 Megatron as a design is fairly hard to hug up but these geniuses managed it. Like, I get having a large "beast mode" tail and a smaller "weapon" tail but why would you make it that you can't use one of them in either mode and have to swap it out when you transform? Beast Wars toys had so much emphasis on keeping everything contained that this seems like a huge step backwards, without even giving options that wouldn’t really affect anything. Just a few tabs on the small tail and a fist slot in the bug one and everyone’s happy.

Also, the roller skates snap in two because this thing is massive and makes use of die-cast, with two tiny rods supporting all that weight. In retrospect, making the Beast Wars MPs so big was probably not the best idea given how absolutely gigantic the characters get in relation to Optimus Primal. Even the official Season 1 T-Rex Megatron is ridiculously huge already.
afsfefewwqg.png
How does this look remotely okay?

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's tragic because this looked so good in pictures. Even if they send out replacement roller skates, the tail design is just an insane choice. They are not good at this.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I’m not sure replacing the skates would be enough. There’s like, four or five likely points of failure on the current design. They’d probably have to design new ones that fill in the gaps regardless of the hit to accuracy or make them out of die-cast. Even then I’d be leery because with the strain these are exposed to, plastic might actually be better because of the flexibility.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I think it's a trick of the lighting and reflecting off his red. The pics in more "natural" light don't have that coloration.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Those swords suck but I think it's worth it.
I appreciate they bothered to give another venue for a Star Saber besides the myriad of expensive “evil Prime“ releases we’ve gotten.
Though, I’m still not quite over that it appears that the null laser cannons can’t sit flush to the figure’s backside WITHOUT the front intakes also folding back. I know it’s a minor thing, but it does stand out to me since those intakes were a pretty significant part of his “design profile”.

Top Bottom