Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I dunno but these are the people paying $250 for a Fort Max head that goes on a 4 foot body when their not even 2-foot Omega can't support itself and had their Blitzwing preorders up with only a rough render for 5 years. They'll believe anything with FT slapped on it, not even getting into their transparently horrible business practices.

I can't grasp how the same fans say that FT's soundwave superior because of toon-accuracy then turn around and declare FT's tree trunk legs Shockwave better than Takara's or their Hasui-styled Jetfire fitting in more than Takara's.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The funniest one to me was when they twisted themselves into complete pretzels trying to explain how their Omega was superior after DX9 spanked it with an obviously superior design.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
for cheaper, and shipped in one box no less.
And as we would later find out actually able to support its own weight

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
COnsidering buying Blackzarak but IDK. Scorponok's still around and I don't need two Decepticon titans

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Blitzwing arrived today. He's alright, jet mode is a purple triangle, tank has a dong. Robot mode's okay aside from a backpack that really should have secured better but is still tolerable and terrible shoulders.

I love the energon mittens for some reason.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Probably because of how the shins transform. Since the wings fold into themselves to make the shins, the wings are stubby, there's no room to hide the arms or treads inside the body of the jet and the backpack has to be huge and waste partscount simulating the wings in robot mode instead of just being the actual wings.

Also, the cartoon model is a thick triangular wedge as well.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is one of the silliest cases of fake kibble ever. How did the design go so wrong?

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
The body transforms similarly to the 3rd party MP Blitzwing I owned for a bit. The difference is, this one uses the actual plane wings for the robot wings and instead of hanging the treads off the wings, they sandwich the treads among themselves like Legacy, only they get oriented vertically and used as part of the plane body. It's really quite clever. It's still a non-aerodynamic thick triangular wedge but there's less crap hanging off the wings and a better wingspan.

TB2kidGdYlmpuFjSZFlXXbdQXXa_--2352599552-1000x1000.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
DX9's Blitzwing had some cool ideas. It's not accurate but I don't care. It's a better jet.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Tank mode's a complete mess though. Triple changers always compromise one altmode for the benefit of the other and for Blitzwing, I'd prefer the tank be the priority. The Decepticons have enough jets anyway.

I also really hate the floating shoulder armor

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I was going to bring up Siege Springer as a counterpoint but at the same time, Springer's two alt-modes don't have that much difference between them?

Maybe that's why he works so well.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Springer's helicopter mode is the car with the fenders back and the back end unfolded. And of course the rotor.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Springer also isn't supposed to be in disguise in either mode. He can get away with more because Cybertronian forms.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
FB_IMG_1657431118597.jpg

Looks like they redesigned the monkey pants to be somewhat bigger than the previous renders. The feet are kinda generic but eh, leaving the middle toe off should help somewhat.

Top Bottom