Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
thanks. I'll go to another store and if there aren't any good ones, I'll probably bite the bullet and fix it myself.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
28jxih1vsiqmapwlu6l5id83f.jpg

rc6ub10st4r57jkvx26v8pb.jpg

lk30idif1k98gcwjltjahz95.jpg

2fog980zizoy0iiror0tcqs44.jpg

Still no real idea how this guy turns into a crotch but the sides of the gorilla torso look awfully panel-y, probably unfolding to make the skirts? I'm also digging the decision to make it close-enough to be clearly based off Primal but different-enough to be its own thing.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The only G1 apes are Apeface and Beastbox, and they wouldn't fit the color scheme. Gotta rope in a marketable ape bot somewhere.

And hey, maybe they can make a Magnaboss out of it somehow.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Aside from black, Primal doesn’t really fit either but a lot closer i guess. If they decide to go cartoon colors, that would result in a nearly completely yellow/gold gorilla.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I've been in a weird place with this set, when it was thought to have been a straight-up 3p predaking i didn't like it because of the design straying so much. now that it's clearly something else just based on the idea of predaking I like the designs more -but have no interest because it lacks that fiction hook

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
I like it, but not enough to drop that much money on it, never mind finding space for how enormous the combined form will be.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I'm considering dropping the full size version and getting the Legends scale version but that one has a Wizard of Oz winged Gorilla for some reason.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
The only real stinker they have on record is their Armada Prime when it comes to build quality. The rest is ugly and/or clunky as hell but durable

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Purging more excess from my collection. Debating which Ultra Magnus to keep. I've got the Combiner Wars version and the Siege spoiler pack version, but I only really need one or the other. Just can't decide which.

Before someone brings it up, Minimus Ambus is a non-issue. He's been in the bottom of a bin since I bought the toy.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't know how Siege feels, but CW's joints feel terrible. The only reason I'm still keeping mine is because I got a weird one.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I like CW's design better but yeah, it feels terrible to handle. That said, the spoiler version of Stege Magnus has a pretty horrid deco IMO.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Definitely. It looks like there's clear red in there, which is different from the lower part of the chest but the same as the spikes on the head at the top of the chest, right? The orange really would have been a good choice there.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Definitely. It looks like there's clear red in there, which is different from the lower part of the chest but the same as the spikes on the head at the top of the chest, right? The orange really would have been a good choice there.
There’s just way too much gold. This lacks the solid black layer of torso under the mane that Predaking usually has in lieu of the torso actually being formed from the mane and the mane’s usually orange anyway. He has four shoulder guns and you can’t even tell because it’s a movie Megatron-esque mess of metal shards with a lion face on top.

also, the claws being the only silver on the toy and being in such a prominent place is really bothering me

Top Bottom