Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
IIRC it was in an awkward place between generations and MP in terms of price and design so got shelved until they can figure out what to do with it.

maybe Haslab

Supposedly that's the answer a Takara rep gave but I am calling bull. Masterpiece pricing is whatever they want. "It'S nOt ToOn" but neither is Masterpiece Skids.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Look man, it’s all we got to work with. Japanese toy companies show prototypes that never go anywhere at trade shows all the time. I believe it took Bandai a decade to release some of the figuarts that they revealed at toy shows and those might actually be new molds of the same characters. IIRC a lot of the Digimon Figuarts and Super Sentai SRCs never saw the light of day and Bandai doesn't even say anything about it.

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Bandai literally showed off a full-color prototype of Figuarts of Cure Miracle from Maho Girls Precure back in 2017 and never released her or the other characters from that season. And it wasn't like they decided to stop making Precure Figuarts, they just skipped ahead to releasing Figuarts from the season after Maho Girls instead.

(Then the Precure Figuarts line ended while they were releasing Hugtto ones even though they showed off Cure Ange, the sole character they didn't release, alongside the other four characters who were all released, again in full color prototype form).

I honestly don't understand why companies don't just release these things to recoup the costs of investment tbh.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Fandom speculation is that it's a way to gauge interest and that makes sense for popular but niche dudes like say, the Ginyu Force, but not for secondary main protagonist status figures like Metalgarurumon. IIRC the Cure ones didn't perform to Bandai's expectations. I don't know what they were expecting but they said the same thing about Super Robot Chogokin and those things did not sell very well at all. Personally, I think it’s some pencil-pushers calling the shots on what they think will sell the most so they get promoted

This is also why Figuarts is basically just Marvel and Dragon Ball with occasional Power Rangers or bug Power Rangers nowadays

Last edited:

Blot

Citizen
I still hold out hope for that Figma Priss we saw once and then never again.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
IIRC, Max Factory has had a couple instances of jumping the gun with prototypes that haven't been approved by the IP holders which is slightly better than being lost in the labyrinthine inner workings of Bandai.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
These magnificent bastards.
f7667e3023.jpg

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I need a 3P company to take a stab at making a better version of the Thomas Liner Dagwon bootleg sometime.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Can the forum software even do that?

That said, still on my phone and posting links is enough of a hassle that I don't feel like it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Oh I guess the staff didn't install/enable that feature.

I just assumed it was a standard feature of Xenforo cuz the other two Xenforo forums I use let you tag people by @ing them like on Twitter basically.

Top Bottom