Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
From what I remember doesn't the CGI model just sort of blob into itself and suddenly it's a man standing up?
Naw, for the first three movies they made an effort with lots of little bits scurrying around or locking into place at the beginning and end of the transformation. What happened in between was bullshit, but it did usually involve the wheels moving from point to point etc. Then of course the fourth movie introduced the new style for the robots and had half of them just explode into pixels anyway.

I don't think I'd like to own something like this Megatron but I respect it. The way the shin armor shapes up is really cool to watch in the video.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
FB_IMG_1650007525488.jpg

this is shaping up rather nicely, all things considered.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
How in the hell did this company manage to make Energon Prime better looking than their Armada Prime?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Finally found SS Slag at normal retail. He's nice and chunky and more articulated than I actually expected.

Daniel's already been tossed in a box to never see daylight again, though.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
What's the issues with Naval Commander? IIRC folks here keep saying something about chains, and I vaguely remember someone mentioning on twitter that Sparkplug is too complicated for his own good - which, eh, that's to be expected with third party stuff. Visually, though, it looks fine to me. Certainly a far sight better than Siege Cybertron Prime.

unluckiness

Citizen
I give it a hard time for this but the biggest objective issue is that the super mode combination clips are pretty fragile, snapping off in older batches and stress marking in the fixed ones. I also recall cracks forming in the legs or waist but can’t remember if newer batches resolved it. The chain is an inelegant solution to a problem that didn’t need to exist since the only thing it accomplishes is to make matrix storage but there’s a second matrix chamber directly underneath this one so IDK
E7A6499D-92FD-4753-88AC-2A3085E5093B.png

F8F43140-DC40-4549-8A8D-05264C9174E8.png

I also think that the torso in either humanoid mode looks weirdly stretched out.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Everything about it looks weird. It looks like they reached into a time capsule and pulled out an unused third party design from 2011. Every detail is changed in ways that don't make enough difference to be interesting so it ends up just looking wrong.

unluckiness

Citizen
KiU1Mymh.jpg

ZSISPJDh.jpg

k8gezBLh.jpg

T5hAXjIh.jpg

CYQpvahh.jpg

I love how these guys look as individuals but that predaking is busy as hell. Might have to cut some of the color highlights

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
The combination is the closest I've seen to something looking like the movie Decepticon "ball of knives" aesthetic while actually having a majority of those parts be actual moving pieces of the toy. = o

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I give it a hard time for this but the biggest objective issue is that the super mode combination clips are pretty fragile, snapping off in older batches and stress marking in the fixed ones. I also recall cracks forming in the legs or waist but can’t remember if newer batches resolved it. The chain is an inelegant solution to a problem that didn’t need to exist since the only thing it accomplishes is to make matrix storage but there’s a second matrix chamber directly underneath this one so IDK
View attachment 5705
View attachment 5707
I also think that the torso in either humanoid mode looks weirdly stretched out.
Ahhh, okay. Fragility sucks, and I do agree the torso is a bit long, yeah.

unluckiness

Citizen
IIRC it was in an awkward place between generations and MP in terms of price and design so got shelved until they can figure out what to do with it.

maybe Haslab

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Titan Metroplex, neat....wait, Cybertron Metroplex?

Credit where it's due for the first non-G1 Titan, but...whuh?

Top Bottom