Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Yeah mines not 100% I have an arm that needs work but the box and foam and other extras make it epic

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Mine was complete, but a bit yellowed on the front, and the box was kinda rough. Sold it off a while back, though. Bills were more important.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I was gonna point out that the two modes are just cannons up/down but then again this is adjacent to the franchise where half-transforming is considered a separate mode

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
I was going to sarcastically name a Transformer that has a similarly lame transformation, but there's just too many to choose from.

Reactions: tec

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
By this toy’s logic, Optimal Optimus with his nipple cannons out is a separate mode, giving him a total of five shitty barely-different modes

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Since it's Fans Hobby, I'd expect it to have clunky engineering with mediocrity baked into each part. Even their best stuff had me feeling like it needed a couple more passes to polish.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If you're nostalgic for what other third parties were doing ten years ago, Fans Hobby is the company for you.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Funny you should say that considering their lead designer.

I honestly wouldn't give them a second look if not for their off-the-wall character choices.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
hasbro's new CEO.

laughing.png

that is all.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Which still looked pretty bad on its own, and Jetfire didn't actually connect, he just kinda sat there. This one ditches the minimal interactivity for a marginally more rectangular box mode. So, yeah, still looks like a lateral move.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
YMMV but not managing a level surface with the arms and the platforms at the end being reduced to little nubs are pretty big downgrades. Yeah, Jetfire just sat there but it at least looked the part and he couldn't even perch on this new one because the elbows are angled upwards.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was going to be annoyed that they still couldn't integrate any of the combiner parts when the components don't have the burden of individual robot modes, but no. I'm getting more impressed the longer I look. Crushing such varied vehicles into similar tidy boxes has to be difficult, and it looks like they made clever use of all the space they had to work with. I love this.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I don't know how they could have integrated the combiner parts any further seeing as they're MP cassette size and look to be pushing every bit of their mass as is. The articulated scoops on Bonecrusher and Scrapper, articulated arm on Scavenger and the extending crane on Hook are great little touches. Would be cool if the combiner stuff also turned into cassettes though.

Top Bottom