Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The best official dragon mode we've gotten to date is still TM2 Megatron, IMO. And even then, mine got GPS in his legs. Cryotek's still holding up, though.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Given the effort that goes into modern beast modes, a new TM2 Megatron should be fantastic. It wouldn't have the gimmickry, but would that really hurt it?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Maybe when they finish season 1 and have to move on to keep getting new molds out of it.

Or maybe I'm just hoping they'll get to Rampage eventually. Probably that.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The Armada Predacon version of Transmetal Megatron doesn't suffer from GPS. He's just not purple.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
IIRC, Takara TM Megs doesn't have GPS because Hasbro had dark metallic brown and they had plain black plastic
That one can't hold its tail-sword worth crap, the wings are floppy, the head-guns are lame, and the dragon mode looks like it's getting eaten by its own ass.
Yeah but it's smaller, I didn't buy the other voyager and Cryotek colors are real pretty. Might be stockholm syndrome

Last edited:

Blot

Citizen
I bought Beast Fire back when it was on a Target clearance rack because it was a big dragon guy I could use as a prop for a figure like Link to fight.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
All versions of the character had pretty bad necks in dragon mode, so that's not really important. Shame he's not G1 or there would probably be at least a couple of third party options to choose from, but what can ya do.
Hopefully, if APC keeps going with their Prime stuff, they'll eventually do a Predaking.

unluckiness

Citizen
To be fair, nearly everyone blatantly size-changes on Prime. Comparing the tires on Bumblebee or Bulkhead in either mode to the humans is insane. And of course, Arcee whose motorcycle mode would be about the size of her leg

If they get around to Predaking, they’ll probably stick to robot scale for convenience and consistency and the dragon is whatever size he ends up

Last edited:

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Yeah, I don't really give two shits about scale with him, I just want Cool Dragon Man.

unluckiness

Citizen
Predaking would be relatively easy as they have decent toys to use as a base with some proportional or sculpting cleanups, matbe find a way to hide the tail. I’m more interested in seeing how they handle characters with less adequate toys like Airachnid, Knockout and to a lesser extent Ratchet.

Top Bottom