Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
FB_IMG_1651585469306.jpg

So a new third party mushroomed out of nowhere like they tend to do. This one's offering a 4 foot Metroplex as their first product. This thing's raising more red flags than China. Consider the following:
1. This thing's production run is only 1000 units
2. It costs $1000
3. $1000 shipped.
4. The dude behind this has only made 3D printed kits to make various combiners MP scale. Said kits are $300 each
5. There's a deposit to preorder it
6. He refuses to go through established retailers like BBTS, ShowZ etc. because "they might run off with the preorder money"
7. This guy's secure payment method? His Squarespace website.
8. This piece of furniture doesn't use any ratchet joints

I'm gonna be following this one closely. Not because I have any want of a person-sized plaything but because it's either a scam so blatant that I have to admire their chutzpah or a project headed by somebody entertainingly incompetent/ignorant.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I hope this isn't an intentional scam. This has the potential to be funnier than Kronos.

Oh God. Come to think of it, wasn't Kronos also 1000 units? Could this be the same guy looking for redemption?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We'll find out. If a few parts need to be removed for no reason besides laziness and other parts are attached by spaghetti linkages, it's the Kronos guy.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
27D47120-4B44-4B34-BE4A-A3393F6E1D99.jpeg

This was being stocked at Walmart while I was looking around. I aways did like the insecticons.

31B65846-1079-443F-95A5-9733E587E4A9.jpeg

60F6DFDD-6581-4975-9835-B125B3114B2F.jpeg

Comparison with the vintage.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I remember when the Legends Insecticons came out and you had people thinking they were smaller than the originals and it turned out that no, they were basically the same size.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Me? I only have Bombshell, but I don't remember doing a comparison or indicating one being bigger than the other.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Honestly I like how they're all mismatched tbh. I'd complain if two of them matched but one didn't but since all three are different, who cares?

Well besides weird nerds but who cares about them?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Considering they weren't released in the same line, year, or even technically price point across all three (the first release of Shrapnel had that mini-Reflector that got budgeted out of the later rerelease), it's hardly surprising they don't match.

unluckiness

Citizen
i didn’t mind the mismatch between Kickback and Shrapnel since they were still in the same ballpark. Bombshell on the other hand, was orange in comparison

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Decided to try to solve my Ultra Magnus quandary by transforming them, starting with the Combiner Wars figure. That solved it. Those joints did not age well at all, it feels really creaky and unpleasant to move. And I forgot just how bad of a grip he has on his weapons.

Also took a look at my Beast Hunters Predakings, between the second Voyager (the one that's based on the upscaled Legends design) and the Beast Fire one. Voyager has a cooler sword, but Beast Fire isn't made of transparent plastic. And also has a slightly more coherent dragon mode.

unluckiness

Citizen
Beast Fire is overall better TBH, aside from the shitty gimmickry. The dragon neck being immobile outside of the levers is annoying but the voyager doesn’t have much more movement either. Of course, uf space is the issue the ginormous wingspan doesn’t help with that at all

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
All versions of the character had pretty bad necks in dragon mode, so that's not really important. Shame he's not G1 or there would probably be at least a couple of third party options to choose from, but what can ya do.

unluckiness

Citizen
I sold my Dragonfire off and kept the Cryotek colored Voyager one. Crappy dragonhead guns aside, it’s okay but the soft plastic suuuucks

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
That one can't hold its tail-sword worth crap, the wings are floppy, the head-guns are lame, and the dragon mode looks like it's getting eaten by its own ass.

Top Bottom