Mayhem Transformers Discussion: If HasTak can't be bothered to come up with new titles, neither can I

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Jeez. I know Takara and another 3P company beat you to the punch but this is bad. At least Legacy Bulkhead's only like $20-30.
X-Transbots Bullwark -6.jpgX-Transbots Bullwark -1.jpg

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't get the point of these. It's not Animated Bulkhead. It's not TFPrime Bulkhead. It's not what Bulkhead would have looked like if he'd been in G1.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It's slapping a few new parts on a mold they already had to try to squeeze a few more bucks out of it.

It's also ugly.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Given how Infernapple is the G1 cartoon model with any form of gut outside of like, minibots, it's a better choice than Legacy's Optimus-y mold but the dissonance between the head and everything else is ridiculous. It's literally a Prime Bulkhead model slapped onto the current MP-aesthetic body like a bad custom.

Truck's kinda impressive though. Wouldn't guess at first glance that it's based off a fire truck.

Last edited:

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I'm considering selling my loose complete Universe Build King Devastator recolor, but I'm having trouble pricing it. There's not a whole lot of him on eBay closed or otherwise. Anybody know offhand how much he goes for these days?

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I'd assume it's worth slightly more than retail since it's a fairly old exclusive but not much more since it's a fairly bad representation of Devastator that didn't appear in anything.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Now I'm wondering what happened to my Build King set. I know I had three versions (RID, yellow RID, Universe Devastator), and I know I got rid of at least one of them, but I can't remember where the others went. They were weird and a little clunky, but still a fun design.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
FYI, if anyone here is interested, Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos is coming out complete on Blu Ray in February. Preorder is up on Amazon, at least.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It's a cool design though, and there are Universe 1.0 lovers out there.

Transformerland has a price guide for ones they've sold. Their average price for a loose but complete set is $51. That seems really low to me though. I'm guessing they're leaving out the shipping price.
It’s a cool concept. The execution is kind of mediocre at best. Grimlock is a terrible leg and his arms mode is noticeably worse than the other two, meaning you're going to have some glaring flaws regardless of which configuration you choose. They’re honestly better off not combining.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Their divebomb has some nasty sharp edges but only in the tips of the feathers which are simple enough to avoid. Handling this would probably be like performing surgery on a pincushion using a porcupine

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It surprisingly cleans up fairly neatly looks like the mane separates into the lion head, the chunks on the shoulders and some cape or wing-like things on the back.
FF32587F-8519-4A95-9D3B-94A0D0F0CC33.jpeg

aOzJhsh.jpg

2Xq6lhN.jpg

Torso mode is basically a curled-up razorclaw but the shins are involved in making the chest somehow and Predaking appears to have teeth behind his mouthplate

Last edited:

Top Bottom