Masterpiece Thread

RCX

Citizen
We've got the 3rd member of Raiden now up for preorder:
First look @ Raiden's head here. I hope they start to show more details on the combined mode soon, with Shouki's release-date looming.

RCX

Citizen

Getting closer to some combined pics. The head is shown here - I wish they made those "outer vent flaps" fold-backable. It's more toy-accurate at this point which I'm not digging.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
This is not something I usually say, but it struck me. Raiden's head looks rather...rough? I'm not sure that makes sense. But in the torso mode pick the train shells also have the rough look to them. Is this a production sample issue, or is it intentional? Probably no way to know right now but it just seems odd.

RCX

Citizen
Quite nice.
It doesn't look like his front undercarriage locks together as nicely as Phoenix does, but as long as it's stable, I'm good with it.
Takes quite a few backpack cues from FansToys.
TakTom making use of "sliders" again.
Hopefully they learned a lesson from the old Seeker MP mold: there needs to be a stable locking point after the slide!
I very much like that the nosecone remains fully intact when folded down for robot mode.
Great new take on shortening the wings for robot mode also.
Sigil storage is a great unexpected bonus.
Face/mouth sculpts all seem derpy. Meh.

Last edited:

MrBlud

Citizen
Yeah, for as great as TakTom usually does with facesculpts (including Siege Skyfire) those all look soft and pretty awful.

Dake

Citizen
He looks great on the whole, but mostly I just want an entire line of those tiny little figures! If they would just release the entire Season 1 cast in that format, I'd prebuy it in a heartbeat.

RCX

Citizen
Looks like his expressions are closest to looking like his face-style from Ultimate Doom part 3.
The ep where I'm pretty sure they switched to a different animation studio to conclude the arc.

RCX

Citizen
He looks great on the whole, but mostly I just want an entire line of those tiny little figures! If they would just release the entire Season 1 cast in that format, I'd prebuy it in a heartbeat.
The fact that we can have tiny Wheeljack (w/hypo-chip disruptor) hanging out of the red section of his leg to recreate the "It's independence day!" scene is super cool.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

point-this-guy.gif

Cradok

Citizen
Looks like just a third party seller for the moment who wants to charge $200 shipping, but I'll keep an eye to see if anything better shows up. Thanks!

Top Bottom