Masterpiece Thread

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
The facemask is the most pointless MP accessory ever, and only exists out of a bizarre fascination to force the Valkyrie design in places it doesn't belong.
As someone who prefer the Valkyrie to Sunbow design...I'm amused greatly that the most lovingly Sunbow-centric figure yet still felt the need to include that.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I always imagined the large blue area on his backpack to be a "command/observation deck" for his passengers.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I love how a couple of Titan Masters can ride back there, yes! Though (this is not intended as a joke of any kind) I wonder if the valkarie-homage parts will have Harmony Gold trying to sue again, especially since it has the front chest part that removes any Transformers insignia, they could try again in court. They've been crazy enough to do it before...

Aside from physically removing the chest insignia, though, is there anything this MP does that the Siege one doesn't already? I stuck mine next to my Ghostbuster Prime and it doesn't look that different.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I love how a couple of Titan Masters can ride back there, yes! Though (this is not intended as a joke of any kind) I wonder if the valkarie-homage parts will have Harmony Gold trying to sue again, especially since it has the front chest part that removes any Transformers insignia, they could try again in court. They've been crazy enough to do it before...

Aside from physically removing the chest insignia, though, is there anything this MP does that the Siege one doesn't already? I stuck mine next to my Ghostbuster Prime and it doesn't look that different.
The articulation is a lot better. It has a different way of doing the faction swap. Swappable faces instead of a helmet. Storage for mini figures is similar but dedicated mini figures rather than Titan Masters. Middle of the backpack folds in and gun can be mounted to resemble VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (original Jetfire was a Super VF-1S, which this still resembles other than the ability to mount the gun like a Strike). Opening head panel is new. Opening hatches. Both have blast effects. This one can't have figures hold the handles underneath. Other than that there is a lot of overlap, just things are done differently (better in my opinion).

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
The articulation is a lot better. It has a different way of doing the faction swap. Swappable faces instead of a helmet. Storage for mini figures is similar but dedicated mini figures rather than Titan Masters. Middle of the backpack folds in and gun can be mounted to resemble VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (original Jetfire was a Super VF-1S, which this still resembles other than the ability to mount the gun like a Strike). Opening head panel is new. Opening hatches. Both have blast effects. This one can't have figures hold the handles underneath. Other than that there is a lot of overlap, just things are done differently (better in my opinion).
According to the designer, the gerwalk mode is something that couldn't be done with the Siege version.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The details were kept quiet but Hasbro's lawyers must have torn Harmony Gold apart.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I remember that the original lawsuit was rather bizzare at the start with the demands to recall already-sold product, etc, and then it was over and some sets were then released later, but I never heard how it worked out. I'm assuming if the aftermath was that bad, we might finally see some movement on the other mecha-centric fronts that they had screwed up.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
For those against KOs, the irony here is that Jetfire is probably a KO of Macross.

And for those unfamiliar with the terminology and EXACTLY what a "KO" is, here is a thread/post exploring the terminology and issues:

-
THE KNOCK OFF TRANSFORMERS THREAD | The Allspark Forums https://www.allspark.com/forums/threads/the-knock-off-transformers-thread.134/

(And feel free to discuss whether you believe Jettie to be a KO at that thread, of you wish).

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I remember that the original lawsuit was rather bizzare at the start with the demands to recall already-sold product, etc, and then it was over and some sets were then released later, but I never heard how it worked out. I'm assuming if the aftermath was that bad, we might finally see some movement on the other mecha-centric fronts that they had screwed up.
HG overplayed their hand. They demanded a recall of all sold products that they claimed infringed on their rights (so basically any G1 styled Jetfire/Skyfire toy post-G1), damages, and a bar on Hasbro ever making another Jetfire/Skyfire figure.

I'm not sure what the status of HG's rights were at the time (the Macross/Robotech rights situation in the West is a nightmare), but it's possible HG could have won, or gotten a favourable settlement, had their claims been far more reasonable.

Instead they demanded everything and Hasbro's lawyers MUST have ripped them apart because the judgement was basically "HG? Don't waste our f***ing time again with this bull****."

For those against KOs, the irony here is that Jetfire is indeed a KO of Macross.
Wasn't G1 Jetfire a licenced Macross Valkyrie mould?

That's why both the Classics version and the T30 version both tried to split the difference, going with Valkyrie style boosters and faceplate on a vaguely sci-fi'd version of the F-14 Tomcat and G1 Skyfire face.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Yukikaze reveal.

Attachments

• 20220605_184611.jpg
    20220605_184611.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 73

Top Bottom