Masterpiece Thread

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I’m underwhelmed.

The vehicle mode is certainly cleaner but this doesn’t look anywhere near worth 4x? the recent Deluxe.
Yeah. Granted, not every Generations figure from the WFC/Legacy era has been a home run, but the ones that have been have made for excellent "MPs on a budget."

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I guess I am in the minority. Figure looks great and is likely going to be a marvel in his transformation scheme. Wonder if he will share much parts other than truck mode with Hoist since their robot bits, kibble, and proportions are way different.

Accessories are all great ones too (satellite, different grill, three pronged force field generator, extra faces, blast effects).

ER Trailbreaker is great, but this is going to be a bunch of levels better.

Kup

Citizen
Trailbreaker was my first ever Transformer, purchased for me by my dad back in 84. Will be buying two of these. One for him, one for me.

Blot

Citizen
That is one gorgeous looking Trailbreaker. The blue windows really help prevent it from being a sea of black and grey.

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
Masterpiece Trailbreaker. Looking fantastic. I don’t get MPs but I’ll definitely buy a hoist or even diaclone ones.
6FE9A1B8-E156-4A54-8CC7-EDC2A98B9B33.jpeg
B9BF1C7A-0327-4284-9BB6-BEC990A50F8C.jpeg
38A39369-54CB-4B37-8C0A-91626D30E698.jpeg
4BCC4745-101F-4631-991D-5136390C77B2.jpeg
9DB82943-0405-4439-8C12-7A0CC994DAE7.jpeg
9A7A2CDA-97BC-40CE-8C19-85195BA5F26C.jpeg
D78843C2-B412-431B-ABA1-C83CBA48960A.jpeg
98307DEC-B0D7-4F95-94C8-84F34283A466.jpeg
EE2ACF77-8409-43F8-977F-1F9F2F498286.jpeg

Blot

Citizen
I don't know if this mold is capable of getting fat and dumpy like Hoist or the Diaclones though.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I don't know if this mold is capable of getting fat and dumpy like Hoist or the Diaclones though.
Diaclones would likely just have head and accessory changes. I'm wondering how much he and Hoist will share in common. If it will only be some truck parts and nothing else (this is the way it should be).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Given how much wider and squatter than Trailbreaker Hoist was in the cartoon, I'd expect his MP to either be a completely new mold or one that borrows only a small bit of altmode pieces.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
He looks very nice and I'm sure that he will look great among his fellow G1 MP teammates. However, I still can't shake the feeling that Trailbreaker should have been given the MP treatment 10 years ago. Better late than never, I suppose but as Dake mentioned, he's had 3P options for years now.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
He looks very nice and I'm sure that he will look great among his fellow G1 MP teammates. However, I still can't shake the feeling that Trailbreaker should have been given the MP treatment 10 years ago. Better late than never, I suppose but as Dake mentioned, he's had 3P options for years now.
Better now than earlier. He'd look subpar like some of the other Masterpiece from circa 2012 (Sideswipe, Soundwave, etc.).

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Skids dragged me back in and Trailbreaker is pushing me right back out. 😂 This one is not for me.
Skids seemed like a welcomed diversion, rather than an indication in a change to style.
We're right back to the painful Sunbow accuracy that killed my interest in MP in the first place.

CrockAlley

Citizen
Design is a matter of personal taste, I think. I own all the Sunstreaker MPs and I just got the Skidses. SS is interesting, but, IMO, way over-designed. Far too complex for my tastes. And I just don't like the extreme cartoon look. Skids is near-perfection, both in aesthetic and transformation. Very limited use of faux parts. Faux parts is a huge turn off for me. I've just spent a LOT of time transforming three Sunstreakers (see my pics in the Pictures thread), and two Skids. I don't get what you mean about quality. They're both equally high-quality toys as far as I can tell. (Well, I did break a door off of Sunstreaker. We'll see how well Skids holds up in the years to come.)

My heart longs for the days of Sideswipe and the Datsuns. My wallet is grateful for cartoon accuracy. Trailbreaker executes an impressive, cartoon accurate, collector-level toy. I just happen to hate his animation model. Just not my flavor. Oh well! We all like different stuff.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Me, I love figures like Sunstreaker, Starscream, and Megatron. Skids was nice but he's not up to their quality and design.
I'm just not a fan of flat, matte animation decos. I like a degree of toy-etic, or realistic, decos.

I'm also not a fan of the desire to sacrifice everything in the name of 100% Sunbow accuracy. MP 44 having so little of his truck mode actually end up in the robot mode for example, or MP Starscream having a faux cockpit right over the actual jet mode cockpit in robot mode. Or Bumblebee 2.0 having so much of his alt mode bundled up on the back of his feet.

Design is subjective, but this whole aesthetic just doesn't click with me.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There are some characters I just don't associate with the cartoon design. Trailbreaker is one of them. I just don't picture a tall, leggy bot.

Blot

Citizen
Nice that they included his forcefield face that people always talk about at least.

ymgbERM.jpg

I can practically hear him saying "Hahaha! Must be getting old, Ironhide. What you need is a force field!" when I look at it.

Top Bottom