Masterpiece Thread

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Godbomber's incredibly simple, and it'll have a Masterpiece budget. How badly could they possibly screw it up?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Among other things. Like, PMOP seems like a straightforward slam dunk, and there have been two CHUG budget attempts at modernizing the concept between TR and POTP, and the later POTP take even has a transforming standalone robot out of the cab. The results here have been less than stellar due to a number of factors.

Godbomber should be an easier time of it, but it's rough to take things for granted at this point.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I am a bit confused on the pricing, but I imagine it will be a mix of the accessories and many small intricate parts that have one concealed flaw that only becomes apparent mid-transformation that winds up with its own note on TfWiki.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Seems that MPM-15 will be announced Friday. I'm assuming Brawl. If so, really hope he comes with Frenzy to complete the cast from the first movie.

Google translation of the announcement:

1000005404.jpg

Edit: Also, it appears MP/MPG Jinrai just went up for pre-order on Pulse. Yes, he's listed as Jinrai. Wasn't expecting that. Feels weird.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Price is comparable with Amazon JP too - as of right now it's only a $1 or $2 difference (if you have Premium Pulse for free shipping) compared to Amazon JP cost + shipping.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I guess the next MPM will reveal if it's really just a merge with MP or what some have claimed as 'always a combiner'. I think it's unlikely that any company would limit its options that much, I expect we're just seeing a merge of semi-redundant lines into one.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I guess the next MPM will reveal if it's really just a merge with MP or what some have claimed as 'always a combiner'. I think it's unlikely that any company would limit its options that much, I expect we're just seeing a merge of semi-redundant lines into one.
MPM is the Movieverse line. You're thinking of MPG.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Seems that MPM-15 will be announced Friday. I'm assuming Brawl. If so, really hope he comes with Frenzy to complete the cast from the first movie.

Google translation of the announcement:

View attachment 20616

Edit: Also, it appears MP/MPG Jinrai just went up for pre-order on Pulse. Yes, he's listed as Jinrai. Wasn't expecting that. Feels weird.
It's a translation error. Amazon Japan also listed it the same as they phonetically machine translate other languages, rather than check existing entries for the same products already at Amazon in other countries.

I've seen TFs called some rather NSFW things in my time...

Top Bottom