Mass Effect

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
i will! I mean, i would have started already, but since i didn’t star installing til the evening, the installation and updating took so long it was too late. It was a birthday present from my sister and the family.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Nice! And Happy Birthday.

And yeah, installs when all you want to do is play the game is harsh. Hope you get to play at least a few minutes before bedtime.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Are we counting the amount of time it'd take to mess with the character creator of you don't use the defaults?

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sadly, didn’t get to start the game til today. Still ME Legendary looks good. Its fun playing through the game with a flashy coat of paint and faster gameplay.

Character creator did take some time. Not sure whether i picked the exact colours i wanted, but my custom Shepard looks good.

Caldwin

Citizen
Dang! And I really didn't care for Jacob before. That just ran so much deeper. Dang!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen

A group of modders took it on themselves to rebuild the lost Pinnacle Station DLC. Sadly, PC only, so no luck for me.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
So Bioware dropped a piece of artwork for N7 day.
vTIKpOL.jpg

Took me a minute to realize...it's Legion.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Not really seeing Legion specifically, but it does sorta resemble a geth.

Is that a krogan among the squad near the ship? I guess that means that curing the genophage is canon.

Caldwin

Citizen
Not really seeing Legion specifically, but it does sorta resemble a geth.

Same. I've heard a few people say Legion. I'm like, yeah, I can see a geth. In fact, once you've seen it, you can't not see it. But Legion? Doubtful. No matter how the Geth/Quarian conflict finished, Legion's dead. I do hope that if the Geth are canonically alive, that doesn't mean the Quarians are dead. Except for maybe some of the admiralty board, I rather like the Quarians. And I refuse to accept a canon where Tali committed suicide.

Is that a krogan among the squad near the ship? I guess that means that curing the genophage is canon.

I hope so. It just isn't Mass Effect without the Krogan.

Edit to add:
Just realized, if the Geth are alive, doesn't that put a hole in the theory of Destroy being the canon ending of ME3?

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
We're assuming just because it's deliberately evoking Geth designs means the Geth haven't been destroyed. Just because they got obliterated doesn't mean their three centuries of civilization vanishes with them. It's entirely possible if this new Mass Effect is focusing on Liara searching for Sheperd she visits former Geth space. Hell, the Quarians might have learned absolutely nothing and decided to restart the Geth program.

Or, more frighteningly, it's possible Destroy DIDN'T utterly wipe out the Geth Consciousness, especially in lieu of Legion's sacrifice to bring them true sapience. And if the Geth are still around in some fashion that means so are the Reapers.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, alive or dead, I don't think Bioware would make a poster deliberately depicting them if they didn't play a major role.

Did they actually say they were following the Destroy ending or is that something everyone just assumed?

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Assumed, based on the Indoctrination Theory (Which persists despite the Devs insisting no, that wasn't what was going on at all).

Top Bottom