Mass Effect

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
He does on every mission. No one ever notices or comments on it except for Shepard; the squad assumes the stress is just getting to you.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Maybe he could still be a side character who we can do side quests for, you know, help a fellow Specter out.

Caldwin

Citizen
Gotta say, to me Shepard will always be FemShep. But this play through is making me appreciate Meers version a lot more than I did the first MaleShep play through I did.

When/if (who am I kidding...when) I do another play through, I'll probably go back to FemShep. But I don't think I'll be nearly as adverse to a MaleShep playthrough from now on.

Okay, enough of this. I have a Genophage to cure!

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
That just means you need to play more Mass Effect.

giphy.gif

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
I tried a ManShep playthrough once. But that was also the one time I tried a Renegade playthrough. And ME1 Renegade is just such a thoroughly unlikeable asshole that it just soured me on the whole thing.

Caldwin

Citizen
The Talimance is the only reason I made this a Maleshep play through. But at some point I'll probably want to do a faithful Liaramance Femshep playthrough.

Mostly there's just some moments I want to capture now that I have this on PS4 with its built in video capture. So that pretty much means another play through at some point after I finish this one so I can get the Liara romance.

That said, I just finished the Cerberus coup last night. I still have plenty to go on 3 with a growing back log of games I still want to get to. So don't expect me to just start another play through once this one's finished.

Caldwin

Citizen
Small update. I'm down to Leviathan and Citadel DLC's and then endgame.

I'm getting a bit sidetracked with Pokémon, but it shouldn't be too terribly long before I finish up with it though.

Pale Rider

Citizen
How long until the inevitable happens and the irresistible urge for yet another playthrough overwhelms you again?

I'm doing another playthrough of Dragon Age. The first and second games were just updated with a frame rate boost on the Xbox Series X, so they're smoove like butta now.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm not even done with this playthrough yet! I'm going to start Leviathan after I get home from work.

I have a bit of a game back log that I want to get through. But it may actually not be too long (few months, but surely this year) this time since I do want to do a FemShep faithful Liaramance.

Pale Rider

Citizen
Do you ever mix up the order that you do Leviathan and Omega? I've started doing both early in my playthroughs.

Caldwin

Citizen
There's no set order. There's been a couple times I haven't even done Omega just because it's not really one of my favorite DLC's. But now I feel more War Asset pressure on the remaster.

Omega I tend to do early on just to get it over with. Leviathan I just do when the mood hits. Last playthrough I did it early on. This time I wanted Tali with me.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
I tend to forget about Omega until I'm near the end and wrapping things up and remember that it's there. Leviathan I tend to do early, because it's more interesting. Even if it's a total mess of a retcon.

Pale Rider

Citizen
One would think Leviathan should have had a larger impact on the war. What if Shepard had brought just a few of those orbs to Earth as a countermeasure against the Reaper ground forces?

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
With the exception of Javik (who was supposed to be in the base game, but deadlines came up), DLC never has that big of an impact.

Also, nobody really trusts the Leviathans, so it makes sense that they wouldn't want their domination orbs scattered around on their homeworlds.

Pale Rider

Citizen
Wouldn't a desperate final battle be a good time to cast aside those concerns and do it anyway? Shepard and Anderson barely made it aboard the Citadel.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
We've already had to make peace with the geth, the batarians, the rachni, Aria's people, and (if multiplayer counts) ex-Cerberus and Collectors. I guess we only had so much hatchet-burying space available.

Top Bottom