Mass Effect

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Won't it be your first ever playthrough as male Shepard? I'm excited. Especially if it's your first Talimance.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
No. I did a Maleshep before and it was a Tali romance. I do plan on another play through, but not until after the new year.

Pale Rider

Citizen
Tali shouldn't be so much better than the others. It's not fair. I never even bothered with Miranda. I find her totally off-putting even after she warms up to room temperature.

Pale Rider

Citizen
It'd be nice if they allowed those of us who put in a lot of time on ME3MP to carry over our unlockables and consumables.

Pale Rider

Citizen
So I'm playing through ME3 again and something just occurred to me...

Why didn't Aria get Eclipse, the Blood Pack and the Blue Suns to help her take back Omega after I served them up to her on a silver platter?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Because she'd already given them to Hackett to fight the Reapers, which is still the bigger priority. Doesn't matter if she takes Omega back if the Reapers win.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
She didn't even know Nyreen was there at first, and the Talons were too small-time to have enough offworld presence to give to the war effort. They got roped in because they were handy after most of Aria's fleet didn't make it through the Cerberus blockade.

Pale Rider

Citizen
Is it generally assumed that the ancient Leviathans controlled their thralls in the same way Reapers controlled their indoctrinated victims?

If so, I can't understand why they created the Catalyst.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Laziness. No, really. They made the Catalyst to solve the problem of their thrall races wiping themselves out in robot wars, because they were more interested in just soaking up the tribute than in actually solving the problem themselves. No wonder the Catalyst decided they were part of the problem. Even now, the Leviathans aren't mad about the Reapers trying to kill them, they're mad because tribute does not flow from a dead race.

Makes me think that the Leviathans themselves might be the next big bad. They were only ever allies of convenience.

Pale Rider

Citizen
They couldn't just, you know, command their thralls to not make artificial intelligence?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Real world answer, I'm pretty sure the whole Leviathan/catalyst thing came about when the writers of the first two games left and they had to come up with something quickly. You'll see quite a few plot points from the first two games that were dropped and some things in three that don't quite jive with one and two.

To put it simply, they were writing as they went along and the ending shouldn't be looked at too closely.

Pale Rider

Citizen
When Sovereign told Shepard that the Reapers were beyond his comprehension, I was hoping for some real mind-bending stuff like from Liu Cixin's Remembrance of Earth's Past. I never expected it to be something so banal as AI vs. organics.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
There was a more cosmic horror story planned, but then the head writers left. Now Sovereign just looks like he's talking out of his ass.

Pale Rider

Citizen
Andromeda might have been interesting if it was revealed that the Reapers were there too. It only took the Andromeda Initiative 600 years to reach another galaxy. Imagine how far the Reapers could have spread over millions.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Andromeda might have been interesting if it had been finished. It feels like they were planning another trilogy and we didn't even get the whole prologue.

Of course, the game being hilariously buggy at launch didn't help anything.

Top Bottom