Mass Effect

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Soooo, yeah, from what I'm hearing, Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be one of the free PS+ games for December.

It'll be nice to finally play this game. I've heard so much about it but never had a chance to play it.
This is me right now...

giphy.gif

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Okay, I see that it's Ace Ventura, but like most things Jim Carrey, I have no idea WTF he's doing. Explanation?

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
He's trying to keep his ass from taking over and saying obnoxious things. In my case, it's just annoying things.

Caldwin

Citizen
9BDCAA50-4775-4D59-8F3D-A3E93E3B5EB3.png

This makes me strangely proud. I've played several games this year and I've gotten to the point where each individual play through of the entire trilogy can be played much faster than what it would probably take for a beginner to play through just one of the games. Yet it's still the game I've sunk the most time into this year.

Caldwin

Citizen
44AEA3D4-57E7-4300-AE81-9A839B8337FE.jpeg

I've had this one for years. Got it in a LootCrate. It's been very well worn.

713F8D21-9E32-40D5-BA59-9DAD225EE7B7.jpeg

Got this today for Christmas. Gotta break it in since it's pretty stiff. But I anticipate it'll also be very well worn when all is said and done.

Caldwin

Citizen
Here starts a new play through. This will be my 16 time through the first game, 15th through the Trilogy. I think. It's getting a bit harder to keep count.

I'm going to change things up a bit. This time I'm going for Engineer.

Caldwin

Citizen
You know what? The Platinum for ME1 is actually feasible for me to get. All I need to do is keep using medi-gel like crazy and then do a quick restart so I can get some codex entries. Codex entries should only take about an hour. I think I'm gonna go for it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
You've never done an Engineer before? They get the only job-specific prompt in the entire Trilogy, during Omega in 3.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I now have the Platinum for ME1. So now I've got plats for 1 and 2. I could go for 3, but...

Mail Slot:
Did it before on PS3, but I'd need a skill not given in the Engineer branch

Gunsmith:
As much as I've tried upgrading my weapons as much as possible, if I haven't been able to do this yet, I doubt I will any time soon.

The One and Only:
I think this has to be done in the on the Citidel DLC Arena. Sounds like fun to try, but more of a time sink than I care to try

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Mail Slot is easy with a steady hand and few mods to slow time while you're scoped in.

Also it's hilarious watching their heads turn into chunky salsa.

Caldwin

Citizen
Yeah, I got Mail Slot on PS3 by using the Adrenaline Rush as a Soldier class. But since I'm going to be doing Engineer, I'll have to do it on some other play through for PS5.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I finished Noveria a couple days ago and finished the rachni side quests. So I guess I'm ready for Feros.

I usually have barrier or something that lets me walk right up to the colonists and punch them out. I've never been good enough with the grenades to use them. I'm honestly kinda fearful going into this with an engineer.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Unless you're on a higher difficulty, they don't really do enough damage to be dangerous. Just pistol-whip them and be done with it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The fact that you are still finding new ways to experience Mass Effect may be one of the most intriguing endorsements of a game I have ever heard. I really need a fully functional computer.

Caldwin

Citizen
The fact that you are still finding new ways to experience Mass Effect may be one of the most intriguing endorsements of a game I have ever heard. I really need a fully functional computer.
I must admit, it's statements like this that make me miss the old thread that chronicled my journey starting out as a complete newbie.

Top Bottom