Mass Effect

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Sweet! I got the platinum for Mass Effect 2! Mass Effect 1 requires using a class I've never used and Mass Effect 3 requires more skill than I care to see if I have. But Mass Effect 2... I just kinda...did it! That gives me my sixth platinum!

Caldwin

Citizen
And that's ME2 finished. I think I'll start 3 tomorrow. It's getting late.

It does feel like the more I play through the trilogy though, the more I'm on autopilot. Moments that used to thrill and raise the pulse rate...I just kinda walk through now. I know the trilogy too well. It makes me wish I could forget everything and play it for the first time again.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Repetition will do that after a while. After this run, put it aside for a year or two before you go again.

Of course, by then, they might decide to do another rerelease with even more stuff. Maybe rebuild Pinnacle Station or updated multiplayer or something, I dunno.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Given the ever-growing lead times between announcement of a big new game and the actual launch, I'm not holding my breath. And after the clusterfuck that was Andromeda's launch, I'd rather it take longer and work properly than have a janky mess sooner.

Caldwin

Citizen
Absolutely. After Andromeda, I don't think Mass Effect can afford another train wreck. It just feels so odd how the original thread was basically a journal of how I started out as a complete noob asking for advice on the basics of how to play and now I literally posted my own guides for side missions on the last two pages. I miss my journal. 😢

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, that's my...uh...*looks it up*...15th play through of the trilogy finished. I kept a save so I can go back to the Armax Arena if ever I feel like doing some Gold Saucer stuff without doing a whole play through.

Next person who says I need to play more Mass Effect gets blocked. Not kidding, not a joke. I will seriously block the next person who says I need to play more Mass Effect.

I'm going to go take a nap now. A reeeeeally long nap.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I was hoping that Caldwin would be the first person to discover a secret ending to ME3 in which Shepard is alive and well.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Destroy with high EMS?

Or just the Happy Ending Mod? (No, I'm not making that name up. Yes, I get the implications.)

Caldwin

Citizen
Uh, that's the perfect destroy ending. If you do Destroy with enough War Assets, you see an N7 soldier among rubble take a single breath.

ninja'd

Pale Rider

Citizen
No, I mean a heretofore undiscovered ending in which Shepard is shown triumphantly emerging from the rubble.

But you'd probably have to get all the collectibles in ME1 for that.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This sounds like a game I'd find interesting if I had the ability to choose any of the mean options ever.

Is a purely good playthrough fun at least?

Pale Rider

Citizen
Yes, but there are certain rare situations where the "evil" choice results in a better outcome.

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
The 'Best Ending' is whichever you want it to be, even if its the one that's only in your head. I always chose green because I can't bring myself to kill the Geth or Edi

Top Bottom