Marvel's Hawkeye on Disney Plus

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Well to have the trash taste opinion as I always seem to do.

This is probably my favorite of the Marvel shows. I'm sorry but I just all in all loved this.

Maybe it's because I've always had a slight fascination with Archery. Maybe it's because for whatever reason I just REALLY like the MCU Hawkeye. Maybe it's because it's a sorta buddy cop thing with great character interactions. I dunno, but I rank this as the best one, with Loki just under it.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really enjoyed Hawkeye. It wasn't as good as Loki or innovative as Wandavision but it was really, really good. Highly recommend it to anyone who missed it.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I watched the finale and I must admit that I really enjoyed it. It had some issues, but it was a fun show!

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Finished up the series last night - I've stayed out of this thread for the last few days because I didn't want to get spoiled.

I really liked this one. Not a "perfect" show, but it felt like they had a handle on how to tell the story. Falcon and the Winter Soldier seemed to struggle with that the most, while WandaVision really knew what they were going to do from the start.

Loved the character interactions, especially Kate/Yelena and Clint/Kate/all their new friends. The use of trick arrows in the last episode was crazy fun, too.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not
Well to have the trash taste opinion as I always seem to do.

This is probably my favorite of the Marvel shows. I'm sorry but I just all in all loved this.

Maybe it's because I've always had a slight fascination with Archery. Maybe it's because for whatever reason I just REALLY like the MCU Hawkeye. Maybe it's because it's a sorta buddy cop thing with great character interactions. I dunno, but I rank this as the best one, with Loki just under it.
Not trash at all! There's a lot to like about this show. This and TFATWS get us a nice low-key run without multiversal shenanigans and metafictional stuff, and this is even more street-level and refreshing for it.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I liked it. I honestly thought it told a better story than Loki and seeing the big boss at the end was a great surprise. I don't know where anyone got the idea they'd be romantic. I thought it was more of a father/daughter dynamic.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Not

Not trash at all! There's a lot to like about this show. This and TFATWS get us a nice low-key run without multiversal shenanigans and metafictional stuff, and this is even more street-level and refreshing for it.
Yeah, I think, for the most part, these series have been REALLY nice "counter programming" to the major Marvel films. I've greatly enjoyed all the Marvel series, but I think I've enjoyed them MORE because they offer something different from the major films.
Between the Multiversal shenanigans of Loki, What If and No Way Home plus the high concept Eternals....Hawkeye was damn near the perfect "pallet cleanser" of sorts.
Clint's happily and faithfully married, for one.
To Agent 19, aka, Mockingbird at that :p
Which goes a LONG way to explaining some of the peculiarities of how she helped him and why he seemed so content to leave his family at home.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Which means we now have two MCU versions of the Mockingbird character, since Bobbi Morse was already introduced back in Agents of SHIELD.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sadly, AOS silently disconnected itself from the MCU completely.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I'd still hold off on making Laura Mockingbird. Agent 19 may traditionally be Mockingbirds in the comics but there's always some disconnect between the MCU and comics continuity. They could of just made it a fun nod that Laura is the MCU's Agent 19 without actually making her Mockingbird. Not that I'm attached to the AoS version or anything, but I just don't attach a passing nod to immediately connect everything to her being a character that likely won't be explored anyways.

MrBlud

Citizen
I really doubt that

1) Laura is going to be doing any Mockingbird type things

and

2) AoS Bobbi Morse is ever going to be referenced or seen again.

So it’s a neat little nod that doesn’t really disrupt anything.

Dvandom

Citizen
Also, even if AoS Bobbi does get referenced (or anything in AoS at all), it would probably be to note she's the "current" or "most recent" Mockingbird.

---Dave

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Let's not forget that Bobbi was never actually ever called "Mockingbird" in the show onscreen (only ever in this SDCC promo for the show, which feels pseudocanonical at best), so there isn't much conflict surrounding that name between her and Laura.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Honestly I preferred the thought that she was 100% civilian and just got up to speed on all that stuff so she could help Clint out more.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
I don't think AoS was ever really canon to the MCU. They certainly wanted to try to be but I don't know if the people in charge of the MCU ever remotely took them into consideration for anything.

Shadewing

Citizen
I don't think AoS was ever really canon to the MCU. They certainly wanted to try to be but I don't know if the people in charge of the MCU ever remotely took them into consideration for anything.

Same could be said for Netflix's Daredevil...

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well keep in mind the whole show was developed around Phil Coulson and his events with Loki from the movies. The first few movies were also integrated into the current happenings in the show. Then at some point, they backed away from that even though they would reference things here and there. But when the "snap" happened they just reset the whole show into a different timeline and ignored the movies completely.

Shadewing

Citizen
That was the show's biggest missed opportunity, imo. I think dealing with the snap and the aftermath would have gotten it ALOT more attention. Even if just a small snapshot of the immediate chaos and trying to find any form of stability.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah. After that season it basically became "Legends of Agents of SHIELD of Tomorrow", which while interesting, kind of made it way less relevant. Even more so when you consider the implications of the time police.

Top Bottom