Marvel Toy Thread

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Frankly I’m pissed about the release of the unmasked heads for the Spider-Men. Only positive is we get the classic suit looking Tom Holland. But selling the three pack last year and then getting this revealed weeks after we got it! It burns a bit. And it’s almost as bad as McFarlanes DC crap.

But loving the Goblin and Ock figures. I’m going to have more versions of Ock than I ever thought I would. Give me a 90’s era white suit Ock, or a Spider-Verse Octavia! I’ll have a sinister six of just Otto’s.

Nothing of the Avengers wave was grabbing me. If anything it made me question where Justice has been during the Krakoan era. Both him and Firestar were mutants right?

electricidad

Citizen
Me Usually: I love that Build-A-Figure but don't want most of the figures needed to build it.

Me after Pulsecon: Damn I want so many figures in that wave but god I wish they built something cooler than "The Void."

-ZacWilliam, but Justice, Namorita, and Crystar are must own and Vision is a strong maybe.
Finally Namorita!

electricidad

Citizen
Frankly I’m pissed about the release of the unmasked heads for the Spider-Men. Only positive is we get the classic suit looking Tom Holland. But selling the three pack last year and then getting this revealed weeks after we got it! It burns a bit. And it’s almost as bad as McFarlanes DC crap.

But loving the Goblin and Ock figures. I’m going to have more versions of Ock than I ever thought I would. Give me a 90’s era white suit Ock, or a Spider-Verse Octavia! I’ll have a sinister six of just Otto’s.

Nothing of the Avengers wave was grabbing me. If anything it made me question where Justice has been during the Krakoan era. Both him and Firestar were mutants right?
Until I hear otherwise, I’m just assuming Vance and Robbie are traveling from town to town, helping the people of the world but not making a big deal of it.

It’s a good way to avoid Marvel’s writers deciding the “hot crossover” needs a death to appear important. And for reasons passing understanding, they choose a member of the New Warriors as that cheap narrative sacrifice.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Unfortunately as a Mutant there's only a couple of options for Vance right now. Either 1) He was mind controlled by Xavier and jumped through a portal into exile with 98% of the Mutant population. 2) He was somehow able to resist this (not impossible, but hard) and he is on Earth still and being actively hunted by Orchis and the Stark Sentinels. 3) He's on an unrelated off world mission.

-ZacWilliam, I'd happily read #3. Y'know someone should have brought him into the modern Guardians of the Galaxy circle at some point given how important he is to the future version.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Toy Fair is this weekend! Nothing new for collectors (that’s what Pulsecon was for), but Steve Evans, of Hasbro, has posted a preview of the 2024 Avengers Epic Heroes line. Notable is the return of blister packs (!), return to a general “Avengers” theming, and expansion to multiple deluxe figure assortments. I’m hoping he’ll drop a preview for next spring’s X-Men update as well. He might be “spreading them out” over the Toy Fair week.
“Real life” image shots from the show floor:

Notable things to me: they’ve added Steve Rogers Cap and Thanos to the line up. Thanos adding a much needed counterpoint to Hulk in the “slightly deluxe” figure assortment. It looks to me that Iron Man (at least one of them) is sporting a new mold. We’re getting a deluxe item assortment, featuring the addition of Steve Rogers. Among the “cast” on the packaging is Captain Marvel, but no figure at the moment. I’m not worried given how female heavy the X-Men assortment ended up being.
Lots of reused figures, but that was a given in this kind of line.

About the only major complaint I have is how heavy the line up is the same as this year. I’m not expecting deep cuts or anything, but Disney made up Mechasaurs material for Scarlett Witch, Shuri, Black Widow and Captain Marvel, but Hasbro seems to be overly conservative, IMO. But at least the basic figure assortment is more than 2 figures. Drop in a Vision, War Machine, Captain Marvel, and Hawkeye into the mix and I think the mix of characters get FAR more interesting.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Wave 2 of X-Men 97 Legends got leaked (?). Featuring Magneto (M costume), Cyclops, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Goblin Queen and X-Cutioner (!). Presumably, that means these characters will have roles in the new animated series...whenever Disney gets around to airing the damn thing.
Preorders this spring

electricidad

Citizen
Ah. Finally. Justice and Namorita.

IMG_4357.jpeg
Because of her hair, her head doesn’t do the “hero in flight” thing that Nova can.
I like this version, and I think they nailed it.
IMG_4358.jpeg
Justice is strong, too. The perfect version of this character.
IMG_4353.jpeg
If Marvel ever decides to make another run at a New Warriors book, this is the cast.
Ah. What a good year for figures.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Latest Fanstream showed off the beginning of The Marvel 85th Anniversary Legends line. We saw a new Astonishing X-Men Wolverine, Carol Danvers Ms Marvel/Warbird, Superior Spider-Man with his red mechanical legs, Skarr Son of Hulk, a Luke Cage and Iron Fist 2 Pack, and Danny Kerch Ghost Rider with his bike.

Attachments

• IMG_5126.jpeg
    IMG_5126.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5129.jpeg
    IMG_5129.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5115.jpeg
    IMG_5115.jpeg