Marvel Cinematic Universe - General Thread

Shadewing

Citizen
See, you say teaser but when I think of teaser I think 15-30 seconds to give you a taste. This was almost 2 minutes so it seems like a bit more than a teaser.

Normally I avoid too much info for movies I want to see, but like I said, I'm willing to watch more trailers or get a better sense of what the movie is about outside of antics. I didn't care at all to see D&D but the skeleton trailer sold me on the whole movie.

I don't say teaser, the trailer itself does.
Capture.JPG

You can feel its not, but that is literally what it is labeled.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
According to NATO (National Association of Theater Owners) accepted studio guidelines for trailers a 'teaser' should be no more than 2m00s long and a 'full trailer' shouldn't be longer than 2m30s. In actual application, they really fall wherever they want but somewhere around these standards usually.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I like that it’s playing on the classic Rick Jones switch out between the three of them.

Though is it weird to anyone else that Kamala knows who Fury is….. oh right the SHIELD info dump in Winter Soldier would have made him public knowledge.

Also SABER? Was SWORD not good enough? Disney push for some SW in the name?

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Marvels teaser is fun. I'm not expecting Infinity War with this, I'm expecting Ant-Man type shenanigans.

Nice to see the Flerkin again, too.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
I didn't dislike either of the "Marvel" projects, UT that sat pretty firmly in the middle of the MCU for me. This trailer was dumb. It was dumb in the best possible way. Outlandish body swap humor and hijinx, with it looking like they will master it for a fun fight. I'm all in.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
While I am more than happy it happened for No Way Home, I hope not. If anything I’d rather they brought in the Spider-Verse actors for their roles. I love Maguire and Garfield’s movies and I like seeing them back, but doing it again would feel less special and cheapen their appearance in NWH.

wentwood

Citizen
I started No Way Home and have caught up MCU so a waiting for Phase 4 on DVD before resuming.

I caught up MCU on Disney + recently however.

I got a 23 movie set that has Iron Man - Black Widow so I would just need to pick up Phase 4 forward at this point.

I'm also watching X3 The Last Stand - X11 The New Mutants on DVD having bought all 11 movies before X Men
joins MCU.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
This is horrible. I dunno what Namor's presence would be in MCU's future but darn these controversies! Keep it in your pants, people!

Attachments

• IMG_20230613_003838.jpg
    IMG_20230613_003838.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 91

wentwood

Citizen
For MCU I need to see Hulk and Avengers 3 and 4 and I will have seen all the MCU movies to date up to Phase 4.

I finished Phase 4 on Disney+.

As for X Men it will be Phase 5 or 6 so will watch the X Men movies next.

I own No Way Home so I need to finish that movie.

I watched all 4 Thor movies , Captain Marvel , Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 , Ant Man and Black Panther on Disney +. Also Eternals.

wentwood

Citizen
I have Phase 1 - 3 on my 13 disk set so I can watch MCU off Wi Fi on my TV. The set includes Black Widow so I need to get all movies after Black Widow on DVD.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
So first episode of Secret Invasion is up annnd. The second I saw the intro run I knew there was going to be a shit storm over on twitter. They used AI, purposefully early midjourny looking ai at that, to do the intro. Artists on twitter were predictably furious at the use of what they have decided to dub plagerism machines and the fact that a team of real artists could have been used to make this... except nobody actually knows if they used any input data except what they themselves own and the entire thing was very obviously still animated and edited by artists.

As for the actual bulk of the show itself. Ehhhh. Not sure if i like where this is heading. I usually like spy thrillers but its already gotten a bit hard to track and its only the first episode. Honestly the last 15 minutes feels like it would be better the start of an episode rather than the end too

Axaday

Citizen
I really don't understand Kingpin. In a lot of ways he is a lovely, sensitive person. But then he is SO brutal.

Top Bottom